December 2012 Moms
Options

Cyst in LO's mouth

The other day I noticed a spot right behind LO's front teeth on the right and only caught a quick glimpse, so I thought it was food or maybe even a tooth poking through. Well today while shopping LO was laughing with his head back starring at the lights so I got a better look and it's definitely not food or a tooth. It's this yellow 'blurp' right behind his tooth. So naturally I make a dr's appt and she said that it's most likely a cyst and to follow up with the dentist. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Re: Cyst in LO's mouth

• Options
    Not in the mouth but I would ask if he sucks a paci or his thumb? It might have formed as a blister/callus from rubbing? Maybe he uses his tongue to touch/suck/push behind his teeth? Make the dental appointment and laugh at yourself when they tell you its no big deal.
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    image image image
  • Options
    He doesn't suck his thumb and hasn't used a paci since 11 months maybe? I made the appointment for tomorrow at 300 and hope to be eating ice cream and laughing by 345 lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He had his appt and it went okay, they tried polishing his teeth and he didn't like that. They said to keep an eye on it and to bring him back if it gets bigger or changes in anyway. I brought him to a regular dentist so if do end up bringing him back I think it'll be to a pediatric dentist.
  • Options
    I hope you aren't too stressed about it. It sounds like it isn't bothering him.

We have taken DD to the dentist twice and so far and have liked the pediatric dentist. They are used to kids so when DD didn't want something done she knew how to respond and DD ended up letting her do everything she needed to do.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"