October 2014 Moms
Options

Name Poll

edited July 2014 in October 2014 Moms
DH and I are trying to narrow down our options for boy names...
BabyFetus Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Name Poll 157 votes

Eli Thomas
50% 79 votes
Vaun Thomas
8% 13 votes
Thomas Eli
15% 24 votes
Luke Thomas
26% 41 votes

Re: Name Poll

• Options
    I like Thomas Eli and Luke Thomas. :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    So I voted Vaun Thomas because its unique and different in a good way not a "whattheheckisthat?" way. But I also like Eli Thomas. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't pick one...they all sound great.

DD - 4/9/08      DS1 - 7/26/12     DS2 - 10/7/14

• Options
    I voted Luke Thomas. We were possibly going to use Thomas (after my grandpa) if this LO was a boy and I love Luke/Lucas. Eli isn't bad but it's getting really popular... maybe just around my area, but I know of at least 4 Elis under 5.
    DS1 8/11/10 
    DS2 8/21/12
    DD 9/26/14
    Baby #4 edd 2/11/19 
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    @Mel689 I have loved Eli since my son Isaac was born 4 years ago, but I am feeling the same way that it is becoming very popular and I like names that are more unique. I didn't know any Isaacs 4 years ago and now I hear it with kids 3 and under all the time.
    Thomas is also my Grandpa's name. Vaun is my other grandpa's name, but I am fighting with my sister over the name since it is her middle name as well. :P
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Eli is also on our short list, so I'm partial to that. ;)
  • Options
    I voted for Vaun although, Luke was a close 2nd! I like them all actually, great choices!
    Me: 37, DH: 42 Married March 22, 2003 TTC since early 2006, Fertility treatments since 02/2013 First Pregnancy with Twins EDD 10.24.2014
  • Options
    I voted Thomas Eli (my fav of them all) but I also like Eli Thomas. 

image image image

• Options
    I like Vaun Thomas... never seen it spelled like that before...
    I've only seen Vaughn...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    @Wildflower75 Vaun was how my grandpa spelled his name I have never seen it that way other than his name and my sisters middle name (Meghan Vaun).
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    aboodtobeaboodtobe member
    edited July 2014
    These are all great! Whenever we are trying to decide on a name we do the "google test." Type your name idea (with or without your last name) into a search engine and check to make sure it's not associated with anyone/anything strange. I think these might all pass!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    AHH! Names are so hard for me. I am a high school teacher and can think of an annoying ass or a holy terror for almost every name.  All I could do when I saw "Eli" was picture the horrible Eli I had in class last year.  I couldn't vote for either name with Eli in it just because of that, but the majority seems to like it.  I used to.

Luckily, I have not had any students with the girl names that I have picked out.  Unfortunately, I had a real hellion named AJ which is our chosen boy name, but I am reassured by the fact that the A and J stand for something different.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"