Cloth Diapering
Options

Are these prices crazy? Or am I cheap?

So cloth diapering in Canada seems to come at a bit of a premium, especially considering shipping costs. I recently joined a FB b/s/t group hoping to get some better deals on used items. But after a few days, I'm shocked at the prices people are selling their used items for - it's like they want to make a profit on selling used CDs.

Someone posted 30 newborn prefolds for $90, and then someone else posted 4 prefolds for $25. Like, to me that is insane. I bought 24 newborn GMD prefolds used (EUC) for $30 and resold them for $25 when I was done with them a month later. And there are other pockets and AIOs that are posted for only $4-$5 off the retail price. Is this really what the used market is like? I thought I would be saving 30-50% buying used.

Also, if anyone is interested, someone is selling a NIP Jules for $85. I'm not really into CDing long enough to know the market for hard-to-find stuff like that.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
When Fluff Mail Arrives:

Re: Are these prices crazy? Or am I cheap?

• Options
    km_mdkm_md member
    I have found the same thing and I'm Canadian. I sold some ACs yesterday for what I thought was on the higher side of reasonable and people snapped them up so fast, I thought maybe I went too cheap. But I just really don't understand paying $17 for a used cover when I can buy a brand new one for $19.

• Options
    km_md said:

I have found the same thing and I'm Canadian. I sold some ACs yesterday for what I thought was on the higher side of reasonable and people snapped them up so fast, I thought maybe I went too cheap. But I just really don't understand paying $17 for a used cover when I can buy a brand new one for $19.

This. I've seen BG pockets listed used for $22. They are $25 new. Who buys them at that price? I guess I'm just disappointed I can't find good deals. I wanted to CD to save money, but I also like cute stuff. *sigh*

I sold a few nb covers with my prefolds and listed them for 50% of what I paid. They sold in a few hours ... Guess I could have made way more.

@Chickypoo2468‌ they were gro via prefolds I think, I guess they do sell new on the higher side.

When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've seen some high prices on FB b/s/t groups... And people still buy them. And I'm in the U.S. like when I was looking for some P&N and I would see them listed at new or more than new, at least if you go through superstash or luvyourbaby....and seeing BG4.0 for over $13 is dumb to me when I can buy one new for $13...
  • Options
    Some people on our swap are the same way

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Ok, I just don't understand the BG limited editions. I get that they are cut prints but why are some people crazy enough to speng $40-80 on 1 cover....I don't get it...
  • Options
    Okay, I think I might just leave the b\s\t group. I thought it might be useful, but someone just posted used diapers for the retail price plus shipping, when I can order them from the manufactures co-op for the same price which includes shipping. Obviously this isn't the way to save money on cloth diapers, but apparently the place to go when I need to destash! It's just filling up my news feed with useless posts at this point.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    I find the same thing. What bugs me is that people resell Alvas for MORE than what is on their website. I offered someone like a $1 off an Alva and they thought I was crazy.

I've sold things close to retail when they were brand new and unused. I lost a couple dollars. But I get what you mean.
  • Options
    km_mdkm_md member
    Also, now that AppleCheeks has retired raspberry sorbet the b/s/t group is going crazy with people trying to snap them up or make money from a retired dipe. It's nuts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"