December 2014 Moms
Options

Cream for stretch marks

Hello ladies! I'm just starting to feel some itchiness around my stomach and my sides. I've been using my usual lotion (I love the smell of baby lotion and that's what i've been using pre pregnancy). Any of you have been using stretch mark cream/gel that you would recommend? I know genes play a role too, but any little help for my skin would only benefit it! I found one called "Mustela Stetch Marks Survival Belly and Bust". Any of you familiar with it? Thanks girls!
BFP#1: 7/26/13, EDD 4/5/2014, MMC @8wks
BFP#2: 4/18/14, EDD 12/24/14
Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: Cream for stretch marks

• Options
    I do vitamin E oil then lotion. Helped with itching but not with stretch marks. My abdomen is full of them and I've already gotten several new ones. Sadly it's genetic and no amount of rubbing oil in helps.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mvvs82Mvvs82 member
    Holy crap! Lol! I did not know they would appear after delivery! The beauties of being a woman huh? Thanks for the info!  :)>-
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    Mvvs82Mvvs82 member
    You're right twolittledogs, only recently I've not been good at staying hydrated and I just noticed I'm getting itchy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    Eora3Eora3 member
    You are probably going to have to experiment a little to find what works best for the itchiness. Vitamin E is really good for your skin. I like Grape Seed oil because it is pretty light but has a good amount of moisture for me.

For all over itchiness, put a little bit of your favorite oil into a warm bath and soak. It will open your pores and your skin will absorb the oil better. Just be extra careful getting in and out of the tub! Oil is slippery!
  • Options
    brittandjpbrittandjp member
    edited July 2014
    Yep, unfortunately you can either blame or thank genetics for the stretch marks to come or lack thereof. I've been getting itchy too and I just try to keep the area moisturized and drink plenty of water.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    BioOil!
  • Options
    Doc said lots of water and any lotion as long as you moisturize
  • Options
    Also, guess what? Sometimes stretch marks appear after delivery!

Yup. I thought I got lucky and only had a few on my love handles... after delivery I discovered some on my belly under my belly button. Nice. And with 2 pregnancies so close together-- I'm sure my body will be a hot mess after delivery.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    BioOil! And pure coconut oil, smells nice and absorbs quickly. I alternate between the two on my belly and breasts, and just use my regular lotion on the rest of my body. I do think bio oil has helped to fade my previous stretch marks and definitely helped even out the texture. Good luck!
  • Options
    I use BioOil!  I was lucky last time that even though I gained massive weight (50+lbs) I didn't have any stretch marks....after delivery a few appeared on my butt area.  Fortunately they are really light and don't bother me.
    IAmPregnant Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I used 100% Shea butter last time. I got huge too, thanks to polyhydraminos. I don't know if it was genetics or a combo of genetics and Shea butter, but I am doing it again.
  • Options
    I use almond oil, pure Shea butter and palmers cocoa butter cream... So far so good! And my skin is not stretchy at all :|
  • Options
    Mvvs82Mvvs82 member
    NandaB said:
    To prevent stretch marks you need to mix organic coconut oil from bora bora with the sweat of virgin swedish milkmaids and a drop of freerange unicorn urine. ;) No seriously, what they said. I use aquaphor when I'm super itchy, but its kind of greasy feeling at first.
    Ha ha! Love your sense of humor! Lol!
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    I have a friend who swears by medicated powder for itchiness. I've not been super itchy yet so I've not tried it. I've just been using coconut oil on my tummy sporadically. FTM and I've already found my first stretch mark. :-(
  • Options
    marinemomma93marinemomma93 member
    edited July 2014
    I've been using coconut oil with a couple drops of lavender oil in it. The lavender oil helps with a healing process and the coconut oil keeps your skin SO soft an moisturized. Plus it's a natural SPF so you don't have to worry about putting crazy chemicals in/on your body.
    Just make sure the lavender oil is essential oils and not the home fragrance type.
  • Options
    Bio Oil worked like a charm when I was pregnant with my twins. Everything else made my skin so itchy! Only made it to 29wks with them (I was measuring 37cm; so about a 37wk singleton) and not a single stretch mark
  • Options
    I use the palmers cocoa butter that's in the tub, not the lotion. My sister swore by it and bought it for me, so far it helps fairly well with the itchiness and I have pretty dry skin

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Kiehl's Creme de Corps-it cures the itchiness and my skin is noticeably smoother.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"