Single Parents

Trip to get DD's vaccines

Ok, so, DD's pediatrician no longer gives her her vaccines since I got her enrolled in AllKids.  And it's basically because that office feels the rules are ridiculous and just too much to deal with (separate coolers for the vaccines for the children on AllKids, and they don't pay the docs for 6mo, which is "just too long of a time to wait for payment"). From now on, I have to make an appointment with the county health clinic for her vaccines.  Yesterday was our appointment, it was scheduled for 9am.  And, I know, when you go through the county, its a slow process because __________ (insert whatever reason there), and my county in particular is a very bad track record when it comes to being slow.  Like, my county is slower than slow.  It's bad.  But I didn't think anything of it.  I got there when the clinic opened to see if maybe it would be like when I show up early to an actual doctor's office (get there early, get seen early, leave early).  After 45 mins, they finally sat me down to go through the paperwork, which took forever to fill out because DD was getting restless and wanted to play.  Then after another 45 mins, they called us to be seen.  The nurse was friendly and asked me a few questions and then left to retrieve the vaccines and was gone for another 10-15 mins and DD was in need of a diaper change.  I poked my head out of the room to ask where the bathroom was but I didn't see anyone.  But I figured "why not just change her in this room? it's private and I have no idea how long until that lady comes back." As I was putting DD's skirt back on, the nurse came in and asked me what I was doing and I said that I had needed to change her and she got very mad at me for changing DD in that room. Then she was rude to me for the rest of our time there, which (thank god) was just a few minutes, long enough for her to administer the shots.  Then she rudely told me that the next time we should plan on coming back is in September.  I seriously was about to run out of that place.  Seriously!  I mean, I get it, it's a county clinic, I'm sure that lady hates her job, and moreso because they're located in the basement of the courthouse with no windows.  I do not look forward to going back there in September.  
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Trip to get DD's vaccines

• Im sorry! Thats so aweful. Is there a reason your not supposed to chamge diapers in that room?

Hopefully september is better! Hugs!
  • What a bitch. If a baby needs a diaper change, she needs a diaper change. She can STFU. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Her reasoning was that with all the patients that they see, you never know... Something something... I was trying not to be shocked about it. Any doc's office I've been to has not had any issue with me changing DD in the private room. And, besides, I would've gone to the bathroom if there was someone to ask where the fucking bathroom was!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • tig594tig594 member
    Yeah.  F her.  I'd have done the same thing.  When DD poops I'll all about getting that taken care of ASAP.  I've also changed her in her exam room at her doctor's office a few times.  They couldn't care less.  
  • My doc is totally cool with it. When bentley was two weeks old he went through two diapers so i didnt have anymore in the diaper bag so he had the nurse grab whipes and a diaper for me. I love my pedi office
  • My pedi has a rule to take your diapers home with u. Got yelled at once.

That all kids story is super annoying. Yikes
  • eg214eg214 member
    edited July 2014
    I'll change E's diaper wherever the fuck I want to, along with nurse her. If it's a poop, I try to go elsewhere like a bathroom or a closed room BUT the other day I was taking one of the kids I nanny to their dentist appt, checked her diaper in the waiting room (nobody there) and it was poop, so I asked where the bathroom was, and there was NO counter or diaper change so I had to lay her on the FUCKING FLOOR on her diaper pad. NEVER A FUCKING GAIN. For that reason, I will change her wherever I want to. It's not against the law so KMA.

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"