May 2014 Moms
Options

I did it! (Pumping)

I did it! I pumped!! After weeks of being nervous and procrastinating, I used my pump for the first time while Emily was napping!! Not a long time but enough to get 3 oz. Now Daddy can try bottle feeding her when he gets home from work. We sure are racing the clock on this one...she turns 8 weeks on Thursday and I didn't know until recently from reading some threads on here that BF babies should try bottles before 8 weeks to help ensure they have a lower chance of refusing them. Just wanted to share in case any other May mamas out there were scared of pumping. I'd been making myself so nervous over this for so long, for NO reason!! If I can do it, so can you!

Re: I did it! (Pumping)

• Options
    I first pumped a little after he was 4 weeks old.  I remember feeling the same way and was just really nervous to do it for some reason!  Then I realized it really isn't that bad! 
  • Options
    I started pumping last Monday and dd will be 8 weeks on Wednesday so I was pushing it too! Dh have her a bottle on Saturday and it went way better than expected (although we will have to get a faster flow nipple - she got a little fruatrated). Good luck!!!
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just started last week. (5wks) So proud of my bags in the freezer and DH was SOOOO happy he could feed our son for the 1st time.
  • Options
    Did your babies just accept the bottle? Edith refuses it every time!

Welcomed our rainbow baby 5/20/2014! It's a girl!

• Options
    jsquaree said:
    ^ When I was still trying to breastfeed and pump, the look on DH's face the first time he fed DS, priceless. He was mesmerized, it was lovely.
    Yes, my DH was nervous at first but afterwards, he said "that was cool!" It was nice for him to be able to connect with LO that way. We really should do it again soon, it's been almost a month.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"