Multiples
Options

1st ultrasound, no "strong" cardiac activity in baby #2

I just had my first ultrasound and they discovered twins.  One is normal with a good heartbeat.  However, the second, did not have strong cardiac activity.  They were able to get a heart rate and the baby was moving independently, but could not actually see the heartbeat and it wasn't easy to get.  Has anyone had this happen?  They just said we have to wait and see and I'll have another ultrasound next week, but of course I am very freaked out by what could come.  Either way actually, to lose one or both would be devastating, but to have twins would be stressful all on its own with 2 little ones at home already, but definitely preferable.  Just thought I could get some feedback
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 1st ultrasound, no "strong" cardiac activity in baby #2

• Options
    I havent had this happen. How far along are you? T&P for a good outcome :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    acsagoacsago member
    Thank you!  I'll be 11 weeks on Thursday
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No experience, just want to say FX'd for you!

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    No experience with this but it sounds stressful and scary. I'm sorry you are going through this, hope it works out!
  • Options
    Thinking and praying for you. Please provide us with an update when you get a chance.
  • Options
    No experience with this but thinking good thoughts for you.
  • Options
    I did just have a similar situation where twin b is measuring 11 days smaller than twin a and I am only 8 weeks. Both heartbeats were going but the small one they suspect will vanish. I go back next week to check. Are yours measuring about the same?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"