Multiples
Options

Do you interchange pacifiers?

Just curious. We have a tendency to misplace pacis so they're all over the house. We rarely remember whose is whose, and honestly, even if we did I don't know that we'd care! When a paci is needed, it's usually reeeeally needed. Is that gross?

We don't interchange bottles, so I guess we have our line.

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

Re: Do you interchange pacifiers?

• Options
    Yes all the time. I also interchange bottles.

Ella - 10/19/10
    Julia and Aubrey - 4/3/14

• Options
    SV917SV917 member
    They have their own (we use a color coded system), but they are always stealing each other's pacifiers. They don't think it's gross!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When ours used paci's they were color coded. I typically wouldn't share the nipple part of the bottle but would sometime take the top off one and put it on the other for the one baby to have more. And now at 9 months I keep them separate and try to use different spoons when feeding them. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    we shared everything, they didnt have anything that belonged to one or the other.  we rotated sides for nursing at every feed anyway
  • Options
    By the time my duo were mobile, they were swapping bottles all.the.time. I tried to color-code them and keep them separate one time when N was sick.....didn't work. L actually stayed healthy, though. They definitely have a "what's yours is mine" mentality when it comes to their sippy cups now too.

I didn't even try w/ pacis. But they didn't use them much anyway.

• Options
    We interchange here. Our philosophy is They share too much to be concerned about spoons or bottles.
                         My fraternal twin boys. Born Sept 2013.
  • Options
    We interchange everything. There was a time when we were all sick when I was careful that they didn't share anything.
  • Options
    We didn't share, but they also only took pacis for about 6m. Well, they did share in the sense that I'd wash it and give it to whoever, but it did get washed if I wasn't sure who had it in their mouth last.

Same with bottles/sippies and spoons - they each have their own but then it gets washed and re-allocated.

• Options
    Jenn06L80 said:
    Yes all the time. I also interchange bottles.
    This, always. That was one battle we chose not to even try to fight! 
    Married 07.07.07. Mom to 3: Ruby 11/08 and Oliver & Austin 12/11
  • Options
    When they were newborns we had them color coded. Now they just grab which ever one and they nor I care.

• Options
    Pacis, bottles, clothes, sippy cups, boobs, they share everything. It's much easier that way ;)
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

• Options
    Share pacis and bottles.  Besides, if I can feed one, then refill the bottle (I use the Brezza Formula Pro), it's one less bottle I have to wash!!  They try to eat each others' hands, anyway.
    m/c my Angel Baby in 2000
    IUIs with clomid from 2009-2011   Feb 2011 - Tubal surgery (repair)  Jan 2012 - Tubal surgery (remove)  
    8/13 IVF#1.  Lupron/Follistim protocol - b/g twins born April 1 at 34 +1.  Luckiest woman in the world.
    8/15 FET #1 - transferred 1 thawed embryo - Pregnant with Baby C, it's a girl!  Due April 2016. Pregnancy Ticker  

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future"   Jer 29:11
    "All things work together for good to them that love God, who are the called according to His purpose"  Rom 8:28
    "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of salvation unto all who believe"  Rom 1:16
  • Options
    Occasionally, but I also have a color system (easy because I have b/g twins), but I also put a pacificer hook thing on so it's really easy to track them.  Your twins might be too young for that because they sleep so much, but you could use them low on their clothes so it doesn't get near their neck.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    We interchange paci's and bottles.  In the beginning we tried not to...but that quickly changed.

• Options
    Shared. Now I only have one who takes it. We swapped sides at each feeding too, so it never really mattered. I did try to sterilize all the pacis once a day or so. When they were newborns, I had a paci in each "station"- swing, RNPs, bouncer, carseats... It really helped me keep up with them. Then at night before I put them down I'd do a roundup and toss them all in a sterilizer bag.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We tried really hard in the beginning to keep their pacifiers separate and to color code them but now that they are mobile forget about it! 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We share everything

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We didn't very often when they were younger, but now (10m) they're taking each other's stuff anyway, so they share everything. We do have bottles color coded, but it's a battle not worth fighting.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"