May 2014 Moms

PPD weekly check in

How old is LO?

Any updates on diagnosis, medication or appointments you want to share?

Any new PPD symptoms? Any that have gone away or better/worse?

Rants/raves?

How are you taking care of yourself this week?

Do you have any daily or weekly goals as part of coping with PPD?

Questions for the group/anything else?

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PPD weekly check in

• yepyepsmsyepyepsms member
    edited July 2014
    How old is LO? Almost 10 weeks

Any updates on diagnosis, medication or appointments you want to share? Went up from 50mg to 75 of Zoloft. Had a few setbacks and trying this. Too soon to tell if helping but at least no negative affects since upping.

Had some super hard days this week. Mostly with the anxiety and anger/irritability. I was feeling really good so this week bums me out but trying to stay positive.

Rants/raves?

Rant: my DH sucks lately. I still feel like he doesn't get or care about my ppd or help enough with the baby. I know I need to talk to him and it's an important part of my well being but I don't have the energy to take it on right now. Also my daughters colic doesn't seem to be getting better. I am so tired. I cannot put her down for even a second without her crying. She requires constant holding standing and bouncing. Her sleep sucks. I could go on and on but just pray she improves soon or I feel like I am going to lose it.

Rave: flying tomorrow to see my BFF.. it'll be just me and the baby so super nervous about flying with her.

How are you taking care of yourself this week? Fail. Not good this week. Wait, I made DH hold her so I could paint my toes. She screamed the whole time:)

Shower every day. Go for a walk every day. Try to get out of the house. Be better about asking for help. Take meds every day.

Questions for the group/anything else?nothing now, but just wish you all the best. This feels so good to have this check in.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How old is LO? Almost 7 weeks

I'm on 50mg of Zoloft for now, I've only been on it for about a week now. Had my first therapy session last week and have another scheduled this week, it felt good to talk it out.

I cry a lot less, which is nice. Mornings are my worst and I have a huge ball of anxiety in my stomach everyday when I wake up because I know I have LO all day by myself.

Rants/raves?

Rant: I am still having a hard time eating and sleeping, I wish I could get over that.
    Rave: I had my first night back to work this weekend and it was wonderful. Talked about what's going on with me with one of my coworkers and found it very helpful.

How are you taking care of yourself this week? I am accepting help more when it is offered and trying not to feel guilty about it. My in-laws even took LO over night last week so I could get some things done and try to sleep... It was wonderful.... And then I feel guilty that I was happy about it :(

Just try to take it day by day. I know it'll be a slow process.

I agree that this feels good to check in. I'm glad I have this outlet.

• Loading the player...
  • Loooong time lurker here. I got diagnosed with PPD about a month ago. I'm so glad this is a thread. 

How old is LO? 
    10 weeks tomorrow.

I'm currently on 25mg of Zoloft. I went to the doctor for my DD's 2 month appointment and the doctor wanted to up it. I've started working out recently and I feel like it's helping, so I didn't let him up the medication. That and it wasn't my normal doctor. He originally told me it could take 6 weeks to see a real difference, so I want to see how I do for a bit longer. That and I would like to see my normal doctor. I hate having to explain what I've been feeling over and over to different people. 

It seems like it's getting a little better. My anxiety is still pretty awful, but I'm starting to enjoy the little things with my daughter a lot more. 

Rants/raves?
    My DH doesn't really understand how bad PPD is. I know that he could never really understand, but he downplays what I'm feeling a lot. Luckily he has started to notice when I'm getting really overwhelmed and has gotten a lot better about swooping in and taking control. Also, my MIL keeps offering advice about how to get better, and has apparently told her coworkers about it and is now passing me advice from them. I understand that she's trying to help, but I don't need her entire office knowing about how I'm feeling.

Not as well. I need to shower and just take care of myself more, but DD isn't sleeping as 

Try to remember to breathe and take it day by day.

Sorry for being a creeper, but glad to make my first post with a group of ladies that understand what I'm going through.
  • LO is 10 weeks.

I'm definitely feeling better. I went back to work last week and that has helped me feel more connected and human. Sleeping has taken a dive, however, since I can't sleep during the day with LO. I hope I don't regress because of that, but last week was hard in that regard, I was actually worried I would fall asleep at the wheel!

Rants/Raves
    Just that I'm feeling better. I actually told DH that I was happy. I haven't cried in several days. DH and I took LO out to dinner, just the 3 of us, we haven't done that yet, without getting it to go.

Got a pedicure and lunch on Saturday with a girlfriend. It was nice to get out of the house without LO. 

Just keep going with my non-LO related life, like my own doctor appts, exercise, friends, etc. But I try and take on one each day to make an effort towards, some days work out and some don't.

Just want to wish you all a good week!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 6 weeks

Any new PPD symptoms? Have any gone away? gotten better or worse?
    I feel like my anxiety has gotten worse, but most symptoms have gotten better. I have two times a day that are bad. First thing in the morning because I wake up realizing I have to do all this again and also late afternoon before dinner.

Rants/raves

Can't stand that I have to deal with this everyday and I hate who I have become.

Decided that I really need to go to the therapist and called to make an appointment with her. Hoping it helps.

I'm not, I guess. I've been trying to shower everyday, but other than that my husband is going back to work this week so I'm not sure how things are going to be.

Honestly, I can't think ahead very well. I have trouble with that. I just take one day at a time.

Questions for the group or anything else?
    Not yet. Have a great week!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"