3rd Trimester

Early Induction??

In my last post I asked about the sciatic nerve pain that I've been having and things to help it. And of course nothing is helping and it keeps getting worse (like waking me up 4 times a night and making me drop to the floor worse). I'm 39 weeks, and actually measuring at 40 wks 3 days. Do you think my OB/GYN would be apposed to inducing me if I don't go naturally in the next week? I'm just really sick of always being in pain :(

Re: Early Induction??

• Loading the player...
  • Have you asked your doctor about remedies for the pain you're having? I feel like there has to be a better solution than just inducing to relieve the pain. Listen to PPs and at least some research on induction before you ask your doctor to do it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Have you thought about seeing a chiropractor? I've had some really terrible sciatic pain this pregnancy (I had it last time too but didn't go to a chiropractor) and I find that helps a lot.

• First off you don't need to be so rude. I had to get induced with my 1st child because of medical reasons. It was a question to get opinions from other people and to see if anyone had experience in a situation like that. I appreciate everyone's comments, but not ones like this. If you don't have any advice then don't comment. Thank you!
  • First off you don't need to be so rude. I had to get induced with my 1st child because of medical reasons. It was a question to get opinions from other people and to see if anyone had experience in a situation like that. I appreciate everyone's comments, but not ones like this. If you don't have any advice then don't comment. Thank you!
    Ummm...we did give you advice. The advice is don't do it and suck it up for the sake of your child. It has been pointed out to you that if your baby isn't coming, it could be because his lungs aren't mature yet, regardless of how much he weighs. It has also been pointed out to you that UNNECESSARY induction is not something to be entered into lightly as it can lead to unwanted complications down the road. If that isn't the type of advice you wanted, then why didn't you just look in a mirror and tell yourself whatever it is that you wanted us to say to you?

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sciatica sucks.  It's super painful.  But it's very unlikely that your doctor will induce before 40 weeks due to pain.  Just try to get out and walk as much as you can and hopefully the baby comes soon. 
  • My reply was not for everyone who had commented. I did not know about eh "quote" option, I have only posted 2 other discussions and I haven't had to reply or quote back on those so I didn't understand how that worked. That reply was just to the comment above mine, that had no advice in it. I said I appreciate all the advice given so far, thank you for those. I just didn't want to deal with any rude comments. Sorry for the confusion that was my fault.
  • I suffered from sciatica in my first pregnancy so I can relate. I know how painful it is and I feel bad for you. I was induced with that pregnancy and it was horrible. Unless you plan to have an epidural, I'd reconsider. When you are induced, contractions are much worse. There is no break in between.
  • I haven't seen any rude comments.
  • That is a question only your Doc can answer, but I'll venture a guess and say it's unlikely you will be induced because of sciatic pain. I had the same problem in my 2nd pregnancy, and 9 years later, I'm still prone to flare-ups at random times, with some of them lasting for days. It sucks. Just gotta suck it up and deal with it. As far as waking up 4 times a night, consider that a good night's sleep, compared to what's coming.
  • yeah.yeah. member
    you could ask, but fair warning, induction can be a bitch. I'd suck it up and wait...it's another 3 weeks at most.
  • yeah.yeah. member
    First off you don't need to be so rude. I had to get induced with my 1st child because of medical reasons. It was a question to get opinions from other people and to see if anyone had experience in a situation like that. I appreciate everyone's comments, but not ones like this. If you don't have any advice then don't comment. Thank you!
    Psst: all of those people gave advice. YWIA.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"