May 2014 Moms

excessive sleepyness?

I can't even believe I'm writing this given how hard I've been working over the past couple weeks to get Emily to sleep even 12-14 hrs a day, but she seems excessively sleepy today and I'm not sure if it means anything. All day she's been dozing off every few minutes, even if she just woke up from a nap. I'm just not used to her being so sleepy. Would this be a sign of anything or should I just not worry about it? She's had 8 wrt diapers today and has eaten sligtly less than normal bc she keeps dozing off at the breast, but ahe is still eating. She is 7.5 wks old and not going thru a growth spurt as far as I know...

Am I worrying for no reason?

Re: excessive sleepyness?

• QOTRQOTR member
    Maybe all the work you've been doing is taking effect?  Sleep begets sleep? 
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Or a spurt is on the horizon.
  • Loading the player...
  • hbird0723hbird0723 member
    edited July 2014
    Mines doing the same today but has been extra fussy this week so think growth spurt. Usually she's real fussy for a couple days then she does this.

Edit: hit post too soon

• I had a random day of sleepiness from my LO, but he was back to normal the next day. I honestly wouldn't worry too much unless it continues.
  • giggler25giggler25 member
    edited July 2014
    I think those of you who mentioned growth spurt are right... She has been a fussy pants tonight. I thought maybe we'd escaped the horridness of the 6 week spurt but perhaps hers is just delayed....

ETA: I knew I'd live to regret writing my original post. ;)
  • I thought the same with mine since I didn't get any fussiness at 6 weeks then bam week 8 and still week 9 came. I think she is now at the end of it though. Thankfully!

• Oh and just in time for her 2 month shots. Poor girl!

• Hbird05 said:

I thought the same with mine since I didn't get any fussiness at 6 weeks then bam week 8 and still week 9 came. I think she is now at the end of it though. Thankfully!

Oh man! Sorry to hear that but glad I'm not alone. Is your LO suddenly waking up cryibg every time you put her down? Mine is doing that to the extreme now, even at night which she was getting pretty good at. I can't tell if this is reflux or growth spurt though....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"