May 2012 Moms
Options

Just a funny observation

I took DD to a festival today and SO many people stopped me to tell me how cute she was. This made me realize how awkward I find this. I usually say "thank you" but it feels weird because it makes me feel like I'm saying, "why yes, my ute is pro at baby making". Now it makes me want to find new things to say like "really? you think so? I guess we're all entitled to our opinions" or "try telling that to my husband" and wave my thumb back at DH and roll my eyes. OR maybe "um..thanks, but she's not mine, No idea who this kid is". 
LOL. Don't mind my rambling, it was hot out today so I'm tired and may or may not have had too much sun. :P
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Just a funny observation

• Options
    I normally say "thanks sometimes they are and giggle" but I love when people complement my kids they are the BEST thing I've ever made :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    I just go with a simple thank you. I had to laugh yesterday at the park when a mom commented on how cute DD is, and her 3 year old son replied "no she isn't".

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ELF4321 said:
    I just go with a simple thank you. I had to laugh yesterday at the park when a mom commented on how cute DD is, and her 3 year old son replied "no she isn't".
    that is adorable. 

• Options
    I took DD to a festival today and SO many people stopped me to tell me how cute she was. This made me realize how awkward I find this. I usually say "thank you" but it feels weird because it makes me feel like I'm saying, "why yes, my ute is pro at baby making". Now it makes me want to find new things to say like "really? you think so? I guess we're all entitled to our opinions" or "try telling that to my husband" and wave my thumb back at DH and roll my eyes. OR maybe "um..thanks, but she's not mine, No idea who this kid is". 
    LOL. Don't mind my rambling, it was hot out today so I'm tired and may or may not have had too much sun. :P
    Oh my god, all of this cracks me up. I heart @littleredfish

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh my god, all of this cracks me up. I heart @littleredfish
    Lol thanks. Glad you could chuckle along with me. :P

• Options
    I an also awkward, I just say thanks because I feel like if I say oh and your kid is cute too it seems insincere even though they probably are cute.ugh!
  • Options
    I always say "Yeah, I think I'll keep her for a while.  Maybe till she's 12"

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"