3rd Trimester
Options

My OB is pushing me to get induced - Update in last post

2»

Re: My OB is pushing me to get induced - Update in last post

• Options
    VGeeVGee member
    edited July 2014
    I was induced with Pitocin with my daughter 10 years ago at it wasn't bad. 4 hours of labor, I was 7 days overdue and she was pushing 11 pounds and there was evidence that my placenta was on it's 'last leg' so to speak. I didn't have any special or high risk issues with her, she just wouldn't come. 
    I would trust your doctor. I have gest diabetes with this baby and my last baby, so I cannot go to 40 weeks and will be induced at around 38 weeks. During my GD class they tell you from the get go that you will not go to 40 weeks. There is a video of a woman sharing her story about how she was told she should be induced on a Wednesday, she thought it better to go naturally went into labor on her own the Sunday after and her baby was stillborn. All the moms-to-be sat in that room shocked. But I got the point. Even when my husband questioned why were 'forcing our son out early when he wasn't ready', I went through with it. My son was born perfectly healthy at 38.5 weeks and this LO will come about the same time.  
    Good luck to you and please don't skip your scans. They are the only way to be sure everything is okay.  I have them 2 x a week also, so I know it can be a pain.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NADA-HNADA-H member
    tried 2 spoons of castor oil yesterday in juice and nothing, gave me some BM but no contractions, no bloody show, no water breaking...I tried it about 20 hours ago.

my doctor wanted me to come in for another CTG yesterday (40W5D) night so that she can admit me this morning (40W6D) to receive pitocin but I did not end up going. I checked with another doctor and she said 3 CTGs in under a week is excessive when the baby is fine and asked me to do kick counts which exceed 10 by far.

My OB is adamant that I must be induced today "just because". we discussed it with her and with other doctors and there seems to be no reason for her to ask for it but to fit me into her schedule. so that I'm in and out during her regular shift and out of the hospital before her day off (Friday)

She is definitely not doing it for any medical reason but "to be safe" the baby is perfectly fine, and still as super active as before.

I'll have to go in tomorrow for a CTG (NST) and then she'll admit me on Thursday to receive pitocin at (41W)
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • Options
    I said after a week late which is 41 weeks not 40 to you all making a big deal over my comment that baby doesn't need to be in there past then. My doc asked my when I was around 40 weeks how long I would like to go. And I meant it is negligence when you aren't discussing planning anything and are already overdue like almost 42 weeks. Some of you are so mature on here calling people dumb well good luck to you if you want to take on the risks of waiting extra weeks for baby to come on their own if that isn't happening. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    OP, since you are looking for your doctor to offer you alternative ways to ripen your cervix, I would offer this:
    Human semen is the biological source that is presumed to contain the highest prostaglandin concentration. Have sex with baby's father. Try nipple stimulation. Stay calm and remember that many FTMs go beyond 41 weeks. I

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    WynWyn member

What a great update!  Baby will probably come on his/her own soon.  I hope you have a wonderful birth!!!

• Options
    Awe! Congrats. Beautiful!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    She is beautiful!!

eta: quote fai
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

S14 August Siggy Challenge.....ALL OF THE ALCOHOLS

• Options
    FYI, at 42.5 weeks (long story, but basically an attempted home birth with a lot more control of what we did and when), my LO had no meconium and my placenta was fine (I think a 2 out of 3, or some score that indicated it was 'used' but still fine).

I still can't believe the PP about not going past 40 weeks. Thanks for the laugh.

I can relate a bit to the frustration with standard practices that just don't feel right. I'm switching docs at 37 weeks, because that is somehow easier than trying to steer the direction of my care with my current docs (VTOL/VBAC in my situation).

Sounds like you're in a tough spot though with your finances and limited options.... my thought on that is maybe to focus on the happy, healthy baby outcome, and not the path you use to get there. This really helped me with DS#1 when things went south on our home birth plans.

GL!
  • Options
    Page 2.... so sorry I missed the whole thread! So great to hear you had a last-minute switch to a doctor you trusted.

Congrats!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"