Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Stroller help

I have a 7 months old baby and I am shopping for a new stroller. We had a gracco travel system but I hated it ( bug and bulky) and too many ugly plastic parts, I was actually happy when the seat broke.We also have a chicco liteway that we use for traveling. I am between the bugaboo bee, uppa baby Cruz, Quinny buzz, and Quinny zapp xtra. Do any if you have an input on them? I am soo lost...
Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Stroller help

• Options
    I like the bugaboo bee because of the size, easy fold and durability. I don't have any experience with Quinny though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    no experience with any of those other than knowing they're more expensuve than I wanted to pay.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the bugaboo and it's amazing?
  • Options
    I meant a '!'
  • Options
    We were deciding between the cruz and bee. I really wanted to like the bee, unfortunately my dd screamed both times we test drove it. Also, I found it too low to the ground, and couldn't justify the price as it seemed she would outgrow the bee in a couple of years. We have the cruz and love it.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC

• Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    Get the Cruz or Bee. Both are great but I hear the push on the Quinny's isn't very good so I would skip those 2.  I loved my Bee but the wheels are small so its really for smooth surfaces only. Cruz can handle a little more terrain and has a great basket but it's not as compact. It's just a matter of preference. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    Thanks for all the answers
    @ebp913‌ , @Elyseberg‌, do you find that your baby sits very low in the bugabee???? That's what I am worried about...
  • Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    manausmom said:
    Thanks for all the answers @ebp913‌ , @Elyseberg‌, do you find that your baby sits very low in the bugabee???? That's what I am worried about...
    It's low but it's really great when they get older because they can climb in and out on their own. I never saw it as a negative.
    image   image
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    Check out the Baby Jogger City Versa as well, if you're considering the Bee and the Cruz.  It will be hard to find a floor model to look at, because they aren't making them in 2014 (supposedly starting again in 2015), but you can still order the 2013 model on Amazon.  It's an AWESOME stroller.  One of my friends has the Bee, and when she checked out my Versa she was disappointed that she didn't know about it when she got her stroller.
  • Options
    ebp913ebp913 member
    laurel22 said:
    Check out the Baby Jogger City Versa as well, if you're considering the Bee and the Cruz.  It will be hard to find a floor model to look at, because they aren't making them in 2014 (supposedly starting again in 2015), but you can still order the 2013 model on Amazon.  It's an AWESOME stroller.  One of my friends has the Bee, and when she checked out my Versa she was disappointed that she didn't know about it when she got her stroller.
    I agree with this.  I love my Versa and I've had many strollers. For the price ($230ish new) it's really an excellent value. 
    image   image
  • Options
    I have the Baby Jogger City Versa. Haven't had the baby yet, though, so I can't speak too much about it. However, I got it because I love the smooth drive, the seat can sit front or back, the stroller can fold with the seat in either front or back position (apparently, not many front/back facing strollers can do this), the price is excellent, it looks stylish, large canopy, the seat cover can be thrown in the washer, there's an adapter for the Chicco infant car seat, and you can purchase the GT wheels (rubber all-terrain wheels like the ones that come on the city mini GT) separately.

It's really a great stroller. I spent TONS of hours researching and testing strollers and, for the price, this one seems to be perfect.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't really look at your stroller choices as they were out of the price range I was looking in, but I will say that I too am pleased with the Versa. I have had it for about 2 months now. Like ebp913 said, the 2013 model can be found for a great price online. I have had people stop me in the store a couple of times to ask what stroller it was. It is heavier than what I originally thought I wanted, but it is manageable since I only have to get it in and out of the car. Good luck with your decision! It took me forever to decide.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"