May 2014 Moms

EASY Routine

Can anyone using the EASY routine share their experience? How are you doing it? What works, what doesn't? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: EASY Routine

• I was trying it and have, in general, used the techniques from the book. I have a hard time getting my DD to do everything in the right order. Sometimes she takes a quick catnap for 10 minutes or so right after feeding but is then awake before taking her real nap and is sometimes awake again before next feeding. So it sometimes goes EASAE. I do think the concept helps so that its easier for me to anticipate what she needs. For instance, if she has fed, slept for 10 minutes, awake (activity) for 30 minutes, then she gets cranky, I know she needs a nap rather than trying to feed her again.

Im not sure if you are reading the book or not, but I do follow her night sleeping suggestions. When my DD wakes in MOTN and fusses, I leave her be so she can soothe herself back to sleep. I don't believe this is the same as CIO. Same thing when she first goes to bed. She will sometimes fuss for 5 minutes or so and is then asleep.

However, I dont usually put DD in her crib for naps, which the book suggests. I hope to eventually once she goes down to 2 main naps a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"