May 2014 Moms

Convertible Car Seats

Which do you have? Love it? Hate it?

Right now LO is using Britex B-Safe and B-Agile system, but we are starting to think ahead as they can be pretty expensive and MIL is looking for Christmas ideas already... :)

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
TTC Baby B since 10/2012
BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

Re: Convertible Car Seats

• We have Safety 1st seats. Alpha Omega Elite in DH'S truck and Guide 65 in my Altima bc it's smaller. Both are great.

I bought Cosco seats from Walmart for the grandparents' cars.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• We have the Safety First Omega Alpha something elite. We like it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Britax marathon and something else that we only use as a spare. I paid like $50 for the spare carseat and the quality difference is noticeable (ie the straps are far more likely to get tangled). MIL has the Eddie Bauer one. It seems nice.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Graco has a new one that has gotten great reviews for all it does. It's the 4Ever I think. 10 yr expiration...rearfacing, forward facing, and booster. BRU exclusive.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• DS1 is in a Diono Radian. We will be getting another one for DS2 when he's ready. We love it.

Anniversary 
    Congrats to my GP Sister from another mister Bruinsbabe!!

• We have a Graco myride 65 and I am about to get a Graco Nautilus, we also have a Britax roundabout. We have 3 seats right now as we need one in eahc vehicle and then the Britax is for this LO once he is big enough.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• We have a Chicco Nextfit. I absolutely love it and DD1 does too. She is still rear-facing at 22 months and has tons of room to grow (she is 90+% for height/weight).

• We have Britax Advocates and my parents have a Britax Boulevard. We love them all. But were a Britax family. Our infant seat is a chaperone.

• Thanks for all the recommendations! Now I just need to decide.... I suck at that

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• We used a Britax Boulevard with DS. DD will inherit it as he moves to a ff only seat.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• We have the chicco nextfit for DD1. It's great. I hated it at first because there was not enough slack in the straps so it was really hard getting DD in and then it was impossible to tighten the straps enough. After reading reviews online I found out the shoulder pads were the problem, took them out, replaced them with cheap ones from target and now it works like a charm. There's lots of slack to loosen the straps (also giving DD room to grow) and I can now tighten the straps securely. I think the manufacturer fixed the problem since I bought mine.

Also it has really good side impact protection, was super easy to install and it has 9 recline positions to adjust the angle and get it to fit right. It is huge but it still fits in our sedan (Nissan Altima) behind DH even tough he keeps the driver seat all the way back since he's 6'4".
  • cnbeancnbean member
    We have the Diono Radian and love it. I wanted to get a carseat that would support extended rear-facing and this was the best I could find for that. DS1 is 2.5 and we should be able to make it to 3 rear-facing easily. We will be getting another one for DS2 when the time comes.
    image    image

• britabbritab member
    Check out the website/Facebook page Car seats for the littles. There are actual techs that respond. I've learned a lot. You should not use any after market products like some pp are mentioning.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • XathXath member
    DS1 is in a Diono Radian.  I really like the seat, and he can still RF in my car at 3 (85% for height).  We have them in both cars.  However, it's heavy, so if you're looking to switch one seat between cars, I would hesitate on this one.   I do love how narrow it is.  I can fit 3 of them across in a standard sedan (or have 2 kids and adult).  DS1 seems to like it a lot.  Diono makes an angle adjuster for the Radian for 12+ month children which makes it much less obtrusive on the front seats.

Neither of them were out when we got seats for DS1, but if I were buying new seats again, I'd look at the Clek Foonf and the Chicco Nextfit.  They both have stellar reviews, and everyone I know who has one really likes them.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • britab said:

Check out the website/Facebook page Car seats for the littles. There are actual techs that respond. I've learned a lot. You should not use any after market products like some pp are mentioning.

Agreed. I encourage everyone to do their research and not use after market products that were not crash tested with their seats. Interfering with the straps is especially dangerous and can cause them to malfunction in a crash.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"