May 2014 Moms
Options

Belly sleeping

I know several of you rule breakers out there let LO sleep on their belly, and I know some have had it cleared by your pedi to do so. My guy is so happy and such a good sleeper on his belly that I feel like he'd be a totally different kid if we let him, he also has really good head control at 6.5wks (can turn it from one side to the other while on his belly and lifts it high up). What made your pedi okay it? I have so far only let him belly sleep for naps or I let him fall asleep that way and then flip him, but he always wakes soon after. Should I dare try it all night?!

Re: Belly sleeping

• Options
    cnbeancnbean member
    @anniemore Where do you clip the snuza when LO is sleeping on his stomach? 
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Can't you clip those on the back of the diaper instead of the front?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    XathXath member
    anniemore said:
    Have you thought about a Snuza? Could make all the difference for your peace of mind. Alarm goes off if breathing stops.. it's super loud. We've had it go off a couple times recently because it fell off the diaper because he was shifting around too much and I definitely shot out of bed. 
    This is exactly what we do.  In fact, S has had a few incidents of not breathing so that the Snuza went off (not one of the false alarms), and they've all been while on his back.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We have done it a few times since LO just seems happier to sleep on his stomach. We have an Angel monitor, I don't think we would do it if we didn't have the monitor.
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    It has never been approved by our pediatrician except during supervised naps. However we have just gone ahead with with because mommy and daddy need sleep too.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• Options
    DD is such a sound sleeper on her tummy so that's how she sleeps during daytime naps. Last night I was about to put her to bed on her stomach but DH googled and freaked. I really want her out of the rock n play though and she will NOT, under any circumstances, sleep on her back. 
  • Options
    Lurking... Just wanted to thank everyone for their input to this post. My DD will not sleep on her back! So I allow tummy napping during the day. Nighttime has been a challenge. We started by letting her side sleep but she is so strong she just flips to her tummy anyway. So we return ed to back sleeping and I kid you not, within no more than 2 minutes on her back, she wakes up. So we either rock her In our arms till she is sleeping hard and then put her on her back, or start her on her tummy and flip her over. CIO I don't agree with personally and it doesn't work anyway for DD (she's 9.5 weeks). Tonight DH and I are going to invest in a crib wedge, swaddler, RNP and gas drops. We'll see what happens. Otherwise going to see if I can get the ok from the pedi for tummy sleeping. GL to all of you and thx again
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"