Adoption

New here!

Hi all! I am finally ready to end my 3 year journey with infertility.....5 failed IUIS and 5 failed IVF cycles, the last being with donor eggs :( We still have two frozen blasts but I'm ready to put that money towards finding my baby....I have so many questions I have no clue where to begin. I am from NYC and have looked into some seminars and agencies here. I will also start reading some of the recommended books. Any other advice would be great......Thanks! 

Re: New here!

• Welcome! Check out the FAQs if you haven't already. I assume you're doing domestic infant adoption?
  • Hi! Yes, and i read the FAQ! Thank you for all of the information.......
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks Pinkie! Did you use an agency or private? I have a friend of a family member who just went the private route in NY and she is informing me as much as possible. 
  • Welcome! Glad you are ready for adoption! I too did many ivfs and used donor eggs... Still have 4 frozen and using them soon bit in the mean time I just got our first foster adoption son!! Good luck it's an amazing journey!!
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• Excellent! We did DIA with an agency in 2010. Great experience
  • Welcome and good luck! 
    imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! I will be attending a seminar with forever families in a few weeks. Pinkee, what agency did you use? Were they very strict on income requirements etc? All of this really makes me nervous!!!!
  • Welcome! We are in NYC too. We used Adoption Star and explored Spence Chapin.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you Mary! How long was your process with Adoption Star? Do you mind sharing what kinds of questions they asked and what they looked for?
  • edited July 2014
    Welcome!
  • Thank you that would be great!
  • Just saying hello. We found switching from IF treatments to DIA pretty overwhelming at first too. We read some, attended a few seminars, and then just sort of forced ourselves to make a decision. 
  • Thanks everyone! 
  • I posted on your other thread as well, but I'm from NYC too!  We looked into several different options, and met with both Spence Chapin on the Upper East Side, and New Beginnings in Mineola, NY.  We ended finding our son on Rainbow Kids, actually.  So we went through New Beginnings for our homestudy, and CHSFS in Minnesota is our placing agency.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"