Florida Babies
Options

Can't hear heartbeat until 30W....???

Redhotz55Redhotz55 member
edited July 2014 in Florida Babies
So I'm a FTM from FL living abroad in Germany. I'm currently 16 weeks and just had a routine appt today. So far, including today, my Dr has performed transvaginal ultrasounds at every appointment. He said that today was a little early to confirm the gender, which is totally fine; I get it. I don't want him to say anything gender wise if he's not sure. But when I asked about hearing the heartbeat, he tried to tell me that I have to wait until 30 weeks to hear it!!! Something about a fetus heart being too small until then to produce a heartbeat strong enough to get picked up by the doppler. What kind of ridiculous BS is that???? Is every single book, magazine, website and app I've read just wrong and it's true that I have to wait until 30 weeks?? This feels like cruel and unusual punishment! Baby is healthy and I have no reason to have any concerns, which I know is what I should be focusing on. But seriously, I just want to hear my LO!!!

Re: Can't hear heartbeat until 30W....???

• Options
    Sorry they are doing that to you! I know with my first we heard the heartbeat at or confirmation appointment at 6 weeks! Anyway you can buy a at home doppler or have a friend that can let you borrow theirs?
  • Options
    We heard the HB via doppler at 11 weeks. I'd find a new doc. There is no reason for so many TV u/s

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We heard the heartbeat at 4 weeks :(
  • Options
    There is absolutely no reason to have to wait until 30 weeks. I am the Office Manager at a 3D/4D Ultrasound provider and we conduct heartbeat scans as early as 7-8 weeks. Im really not understanding why your doctor is making you wait for a heartbeat...he should be able to find that heartbeat no problem at 16 weeks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"