May 2014 Moms
Options

baby poop Question

Hi all, new to posting but lurking all the time.  Thank you everyone for the advice on here.

Here's my thing.  DS is now 7 weeks.  He drinks part BM and part formula since i don't make nearly enough for him.  I give him formula usually after boob when my boobs are EMPTY and he's still hungry.   No nipple confusion or anything.  
He was on Similac advanced pre-made bottles and loved it, though slightly gassy.  I switched him to Enfamil Gentlease powder for a bit, but he took longer to drink that so I figured he didn't like it so much. So we switched back to Similac Advanced but powder cause the pre made is not very cost effective.  
Ok down to the poop.  So it was yellow with some seeds in it for a long time, since after the normal black newborn stool.  However, the last two days or so, his stool has been much more watery with less seeds.  This past diaper change it was almost gelatinous yellow and practically no seeds.  Is this considered diarrhea?  Do I need to bring him in?  He's no more gassy or less gassy on any of the different formulas.   He doesn't even seem to be phased from it. I also think  he's drinking more, but he's been 6 weeks, so I figured it was due to his growth spurt. 
Advice??
Thanks!

Re: baby poop Question

• Options
    DD is EFF and her poop does not always have seeds in it or the same consistency. I would probably keep my eye on it and her for a few days to see what happens. As long as she's still eating, has no fever, and having regular pees, I wouldn't be too concerned. But that's just my opinion :)
  • Options
    DS is EBF and still has weird diapers like that sometimes.  I talked to the pedi about it and she said as long as he has enough wet diapers and is still gaining weight ok, it's nothing to worry about and could just be something I ate.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!!.  Makes me feel better.  He just had a wet fart with thicker poops and more seeds.  I wonder what I ate.

• Options
    Yeah probably something you ate. I've gotten green every now and again but then it's gone by the next one.

Apparently they go through many changes throughout the first year. Ds has gone from seedy mustard to just mustard and now it's a whipped mousse style that is less watery. But the color has been consistent and normal and long with wet dipes so I know all is fine.

If it's green, foamy or mucousy then there is something to look at. If it's consistent. Or blood. Don't ignore blood.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"