Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

8 month old sleep issues

About 2.5 months ago my little guy was sleeping blissfully thought the night. Then about a month ago he started waking up every few hours. I have to rock him back to sleep which only takes a few minutes but as soon as i lay him in his crib he's sitting up and crying again. Sometimes he will sleep a few hours but then the cycle repeats. I've resorted to having him sleep in bed with me & the hubby, where he sleeps the night away. i don't want to create the habit of him sleeping next to us but it's the only way any of us gets sleep. Any suggestions?

Re: 8 month old sleep issues

• Options
    Kind of similar to us. Our daughter has slept amazingly since 2 months. She only woke maybe 1-2 times, but mostly would just sleep through the night. Now, she's just about 8 months and since about 6.5 months or so, she's been weird with sleep. She's good at stirring and then putting herself back to sleep, but she will wake once for food and then again at 4am without fail and want to play or be taken to bed. I created that desire because when my fiancé would have his night shifts, I started taking her to bed with me if it was 5 or 6am and she was awake because I was often too tired to sit with her and nurse her back to sleep again.

I feel like I caused the disturbance in her sleeping habits too, but I also think that maybe they are just so aware and alert now that anything interesting or out of the ordinary can wake them at night. I'm hoping that moving her into her own room and getting her in the crib will help. She currently sleeps in her playpen and in our room, so we may disturb her or she may be waking because she knows I'm only a couple meters from her and she expects us to come check on her. Not sure!
  • Options
    My LO is 8.5 months and has been a crappy sleeper since the 4MW. He was at least starting to STTN again a few nights a week until about 6 weeks ago. I think it's separation anxiety. He generally isn't hungry and settles down as soon as DH or I enter his room.

It coincided with him getting upset and vocal about me walking into another room or being out of sight during the day also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"