May 2014 Moms
Options

Uterus Still Big

Forgive me if I sound ridiculous, but I'm a FTM & have my pp follow-up next week. What do you know about your uterus staying big? My belly still looks a little pregnant, but it's pretty firm, not very flabby....

Re: Uterus Still Big

• Options
    Have you been told that your uterus hasn't shrunk? You'd likely still have a lot of bleeding and frequently pass very large clots.

It's common for the belly to stay big for quite some time even after the uterus has returned to its normal size. There are several factors: fat and fluid retention, weight gain, lack of tone in stretched-out muscles, stretched skin and tissue, etc.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    I'm almost 8 wks out and my belly is still shrinking. It just takes time. And like @jenb_99 said there are a lot of factors.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's probably not your uterus. I still have some belly but per my 6 wk check last week, everything has shrunk back down. Just give it some time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sws684sws684 member
    Yeah.. Thanks y'all! Prob just stretched out muscles, connective tissue, etc.. I just didn't anticipate having a "pot belly" for so long lol I'm 7 weeks pp.
  • Options
    I don't want to burst your bubble, but it may not ever be quite the same again. I was in great shape about a year after DD and about 12lbs less than when I got prego with her, but my tummy still stuck out some. It's almost like my pelvis didn't go back and was tilted. I wondered if I had diastatis recti but did the finger test at home and it seemed fine. Sometimes the muscles just don't go back the way that they were. But give it time... This is still super early!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"