July 2014 Moms

Night crew check in!

Re: Night crew check in!

• STM says NO MORE, Lol Rough delivery followed by a baby with colic...my dd was perfectly easy, good thing she came first:)
  • Mamanorris81Mamanorris81 member
    edited July 2014
    We're up and the goddamn bottle leaked all over both of us and I had to change his sleeper and my shirt. I'm too tired for this crap. :((
  • Loading the player...
  • First feeding of the night. Hopefully she has a good stretch of sleep afterwards.

She had a good poop tonight though so I'm happy either way! Poor peanut hasn't been doing much of that. The gripe water seems to be helping a bit!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Hello all. I'm joining you all. It appears that my LO is going to cluster feed tonight... Oh joy.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• LO doesn't want to sleep anywhere other than my arms. I get her to sleep, try to lay her down and she wakes up. We've been at this for an hour. Please stay asleep LO. Mama needs some rest.
  • Camp out at the hospital because DD was reintubated after 2 months of CPAP. I don't understand. So I'm cuddled up with one of her swaddle blankets that has the least amount of spit up.
  • CsltdkCsltdk member

Camp out at the hospital because DD was reintubated after 2 months of CPAP. I don't understand. So I'm cuddled up with one of her swaddle blankets that has the least amount of spit up.

I'm so sorry :(
  • We've been up since 11:30 and nursing on and off. She slept most of the day and doesn't seem to want to sleep for more than a few minutes now. She's breaking my heart with her cries. Here she goes again!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • hab83hab83 member
    So sorry @CParker011‌. Hope she gets to come home soon!

After three glorious nights of DS sleeping in the pack n play, he decided he'd had enough of that and is back to wanting to be with me all the time. I bed shared with DD and hated it because I just couldn't allow myself to sleep well with her in my bed but it was the only way to get any sleep those first few months. This little guy is following in big sister's footsteps. Ugh.
  • glitterclawsglitterclaws member
    edited July 2014

So sleepy tonight. LO is full of tricks these past few days. He's been eating way less, more frequently during to day and then only a little bit at night. Making me think he's not getting enough and putting me in crazy mommy mode. But we weighed him and he still appears to be gaining.

And he had two huge projectile vomits, one yesterday and one the day before. No fever so I guess I won't call the pedi. How do you know if they are sick or just being babies?

My LO has a two projectile spit ups. I mean it was a lot!! But he was crying or upset at all so I assumed he just had a big gas bubble trapped under all that milk. Also when they spit up it seems like a lot more than it actually is.
    Make a list of all your concerns and don't be scared to call the pedi with them. Trust me, my pedi probably sees my number on the caller id and rolls her eyes. I call a lot but it sure does reassure a first time mom.
    Thanks for making feel like a normal person. I called the pedi and they had me come in for a weight check. Everything is good, it appears that it's not an allergy or sickness. She said it could be part of the acid reflux problem (or it could be nothing) but that we can try rice cereal mixed with the bottles. So tomorrow we start that.

Also, little factoid that I hadn't heard before - doc said that his weight gain was good, that they like to see one oz/day in gain. I hadn't heard that before and I'm not sure if it's a normal expectation for this age or if it's a preemie thing. Anyone know?

Eta - thoughts and prayers @CParker011‌!
    //

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

::formerly csmith - regular/lurker since Nov13:: 
  • cko521 said:

First feeding of the night. She's full, but now to get her back to sleep. That's always the hardest part.

I'm totally with you on that! DD always falls asleep after she eats, but re-swaddling her to put her back in her crib almost always wakes her up. So then it becomes a process getting her back to sleep...
  • Why does ravenous hunger set in after I've finally gotten the baby to sleep and pumped? If I eat, he'll wake up before I can get some sleep. If I sleep I'll have to starve through his next feeding too.

Get snacks ready to ear while he does next feeding ?

• So my DH and I got into a fight yesterday about his "social activities". He got home from the bar at midnight and hasn't talked to me. DS woke up at 2 and ate from 2-3. He then woke up again at 3:45, so I asked DH to change him and try to calm him down. He usually does this once a night when DS is just gassy and needs to be comforted. At 4:15 I could still hear him fussing out in the living room so I got up to feed him. As I walk out I see DH sitting down with him putting a bottle of formula in his mouth. I'm exclusively breastfeeding. I might be just tired and emotional, but I'm really upset that he gave DS a bottle just because he's mad at me. I had to beg for him to give me DS back, and he slammed the door as went back to bed, so now DD is up too. I'm so annoyed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage

• Adelinde slept 3.5 hours before her first feeding! And went to sleep fairly well too! At 3 1/2 weeks I really hope this is the beginning of a new habit. Having it darker in the room seems to make all the difference.

@csmith0085‌ I've been told 6 oz a week which is pretty close to one a day.

@Lhalliburton‌ I would be so upset to think DH was using the baby to be spiteful.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Second feeding of the night. LO finally went down after the first feeding and gave me 3 1/2 hours of sleep. But we both keep falling asleep while feeding which is prolonging us being up and keeping me from real sleep.

• Also, little factoid that I hadn't heard before - doc said that his weight gain was good, that they like to see one oz/day in gain. I hadn't heard that before and I'm not sure if it's a normal expectation for this age or if it's a preemie thing. Anyone know?

We are having weight issues too and we were told today half oz to full ounce per day of gain is normal expectation. LC said half ounce is absolute minimum DD should be gaining each day.
  • @cparker011 ((hugs)) I'm so sorry you and your LO are going through that. Thinking of you!

@pintsizemama15 I keep granola bars in our room for those middle of the night hunger pains! They're enough to take the edge off.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @Lhalliburton‌ - I'd be furious. It sounds like something you need to put the kibosh on now. Your LO is not at pawn to be used during adult disagreements.

I'm up for early morning cuddle time. LO does awesome with his night time feeding spacing (11:30p, 2a or 3a and usually 7a) but is always up at 5:30a looking to be held.
    //

::formerly csmith - regular/lurker since Nov13:: 
  • My child shuns sleep. Up since 1, but I'm catching a second wind. Enjoying some skin to skin and project runway :)

• Was hoping for a second long sleep but then there was a poo-splosion. So much for that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So my DH and I got into a fight yesterday about his "social activities". He got home from the bar at midnight and hasn't talked to me. DS woke up at 2 and ate from 2-3. He then woke up again at 3:45, so I asked DH to change him and try to calm him down. He usually does this once a night when DS is just gassy and needs to be comforted. At 4:15 I could still hear him fussing out in the living room so I got up to feed him. As I walk out I see DH sitting down with him putting a bottle of formula in his mouth. I'm exclusively breastfeeding. I might be just tired and emotional, but I'm really upset that he gave DS a bottle just because he's mad at me. I had to beg for him to give me DS back, and he slammed the door as went back to bed, so now DD is up too. I'm so annoyed.

This is fucked up. I'd be pissed.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • CsltdkCsltdk member
    I'm going to bed at 8:30, it's gonnA be a loooong night
  • LenaLove said:

So my DH and I got into a fight yesterday about his "social activities". He got home from the bar at midnight and hasn't talked to me. DS woke up at 2 and ate from 2-3. He then woke up again at 3:45, so I asked DH to change him and try to calm him down. He usually does this once a night when DS is just gassy and needs to be comforted. At 4:15 I could still hear him fussing out in the living room so I got up to feed him. As I walk out I see DH sitting down with him putting a bottle of formula in his mouth. I'm exclusively breastfeeding. I might be just tired and emotional, but I'm really upset that he gave DS a bottle just because he's mad at me. I had to beg for him to give me DS back, and he slammed the door as went back to bed, so now DD is up too. I'm so annoyed.

^this! How did today go, because I would not have been able to let that go?

image image
  • Still in hosp with baby. He's been screaming his little head off. Good news is he's had plenty of dirty diapers, but I feel like even my colostrum milk isn't flowing. I could be wrong.

My room is so small compared to last year H couldn't even stay. This sucks being here alone. I'm totally ready to go home, my ass hurts from this sorry bed. Uhhhh, come on 12:00 pm tomorrow!! Maybe this belongs on mbf. Oh well. I'll be checking in later I'm sure.

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Been feeding for the past hour and a half. Man this growth spurt is no joke. I'm hoping a long feeding means we're gonna have a long stretch of sleep but I'm not getting my hopes up.
  • LenaLove said:

We haven't spoken all day. And I won't until I get an apology.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage

• CsltdkCsltdk member
    @TexasGirl81‌ hopefully things get better! I hear ya, I couldn't wait to go home!

12:00 first feeding. Not bad :);)
  • @Skeemer‌
    Gaaaa!!! You did it again! I just lmao! My abs hurt from pushing baby out yesterday. Sending sleepy dust to your LO!!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• This is fucked up. I'd be pissed.
    We haven't spoken all day. And I won't until I get an apology.
    So sorry! Dude, I'm with you. I'd want to kick his tail!
    [-(

• Tomorrow is DH's last day of leave, so tonight is my last night with help. I'm trying to imagine what it'll be like without someone to let me sleep between feedings till 2 am, and it's not a good scenario. Ugh.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"