July 2014 Moms
Options

Night crew check in!

TexasGirl81TexasGirl81 member
edited July 2014 in July 2014 Moms
I actually havnt been to bed yet. I can't sleep because I can't breath worth a crap and H is snoring. Any moment I keep thinking my water will break.
Plus I know DD will wake soon for her nightly bottle. Who else is up with the babies?

Let's do a question of the night. We did this in my last BMB. It was fun.

QOTN: Lots of babies have arrived, for all the new mommies now that you have given birth, do you feel like, "wow that was easy, why was I freaking out?"
Or more like "what a nightmare, I'll never give birth again"!
2nd and 3rd or 4th timers, how was the whole experience this time around? Csection stories?

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

Re: Night crew check in!

• Options
    mrscurlygurlmrscurlygurl member
    edited July 2014
    Oh man @TexasGirl81‌, I can't imagine doing this with a LO who still gets up at night too! Bless you!

I was induced again and it was a similar experience in that it was quick. First time was with cervadil only and I did get some sleep, this time I only had pitocin, but they thought I would start with cytotec so I went in at night and thus got zero sleep. Contractions were ok until they weren't and I had the same "i'm dying" feelings as first go around until getting the magical epi. This epi did not quite work as strongly so I was more aware of being able to push and participate in the labor, if that makes sense, which I liked.

Recovery had been amazing. No tearing or stitches this time!

image image
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    abunai523abunai523 member
    edited July 2014
    I'm up. Worried I might be getting a forceful letdown, Finn keeps choking. Also I think he's got a blocked year duct :(

Birth was a bit easier than I expected, but I had a really lucky time of it too. It was only 10 hours and everything went off without a hitch.
  • Options
    @futuremrsbrian‌ my LO has two clogged tear ducts! Breast milk in the eye and massage the corners was what her Ped suggested and they both are almost all the way done leaking goop
  • Options
    I'm up with my new LO and we are rocking his post-feeding upright time. He has some pretty terrible reflux so we've been switched from 3oz every 3hrs to 2oz every 2hrs. Boooooo.

The worst thing about giving birth (emergency c/s) for me was being on mag sulfate for 24hrs afterwards. I was so swollen that I could barely open my eyes and the swelling was literally head to toe. Everything else physical has faded away.

Now, the stress of having a shitty pregnancy (placenta previa, GD and preeclampsia) is something that I haven't forgotten. I feel like I thought having PP was bad, and then I got GD. So I thought GD was bad and then I got pre-e. And then I sat on the couch for a month thinking every day could be LOs birthday and being sick to my stomach about forcing my little bear into the world early because my body was busted. And then that's exactly what happened at 34w1d. Remembering that will not go away anytime soon.
    //

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

::formerly csmith - regular/lurker since Nov13:: 
  • Options
    hab83hab83 member
    I'm up. Jack is asleep right next to me, but I can't seem to fall asleep. He's such a snuggler just like big sister.

As for the birth, I was induced this time at 40+3, whereas I went into labor on my own 3 weeks early with DD. It took a little longer than I expected since my cervix was already so dilated and effaced when the pitocin was started. Contractions got insanely worse than I remember when they broke my water. Pushing was much easier since I could still feel pressure with the epidural this time.
  • Options
    I'm up with ms. Feedy McFeedFeed. Labor.. Well, I was on pitocin the whole time coz I ruptured so they couldn't bloody well send me home. It was hard. I went 13 hours with no epi. But looking back, all I can say is it was an awesome experience. The pain. The fighting through it. The prize at the end. I'm still sore at the stitches that should probably be gone by now, but I'm ready to do it all again when the time is right.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I definitely can't believe I was freaking out so much the night before my c-section. I was scared of giving birth in general and then my doctor decided c-section was the better option for us. The worst part was the spinal tap but everything after that was actually pleasant. And once I heard his first cry nothing else even mattered. Recovery has been much faster than I thought it would be as well.

Pretty much this exactly for the birth experience goes.

Right now the hardest part is that I'm over my nipples hurting from BF'ing. I just want a break! I've tried every latch technique I can on my left side and I'm pretty sure it had to do with having short nipples. She latches great it just hurts and won't stop. I'm not looking forward to having to call the LC's because I didn't really click with them in the hospital and one just wasn't helpful at all when I was there and having latch problems. And I guess I have to see if my insurance will cover a visit....I seriously just want to try to work it out myself but I'm almost at a loss. :-/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Im awake. The first night we were home was beyond miserable - baby would not sleep unless held. Hes getting a lot better but right now hes being fussy. Still. its progress. Im researching how much clothing is realistic to have in each size for a kid. Mine loves to spit up after every feed and sometimed we cant save the outfit. When we found out he was 6 lbs, we sent the grandmas out to buy some outfits, so we do have some stuff. But we got home on Monday and its Thursday and we are down to 2 things left to wear, one being cargo shorts which would rub on his stump I think. So I dont want to be stupid buying clothes hell barely wear, but it would be nice to not HAVE to do a load of his every 2 days, especially when I cant do stairs.

My experience sucked all around. I got induced for severe pre-e and I Got all the complications you could think of. Recovery from the section has been a little rough. Standing for too long is still leading to crippling pain. Cant wait to be back to normal. But I would do it again, I would just make surse I was in super great shape toreduce my chances of developing it again
  • Options
    I'm awake. DD is has been up since her 3:30 feeding and now it's time for another. Labor and delivery were a lot easier than I expected. I didn't feel a thing except lots of pressure thanks to the epidural. However I had to endure 45 minutes of stitching afterwards and what my Dr explained was a life saving surgery! So here I am sitting on my couch crying over my painful stitches. I thought it was getting better, but I think I pulled something getting out of bed earlier (ow!). Hope it gets better soon, I'm over it! It makes me doubt that I'll want to go through this again, but everyone says you forget the pain.
  • Options

Right now the hardest part is that I'm over my nipples hurting from BF'ing. I just want a break! I've tried every latch technique I can on my left side and I'm pretty sure it had to do with having short nipples. She latches great it just hurts and won't stop. I'm not looking forward to having to call the LC's because I didn't really click with them in the hospital and one just wasn't helpful at all when I was there and having latch problems. And I guess I have to see if my insurance will cover a visit....I seriously just want to try to work it out myself but I'm almost at a loss. :-/

I also had / have latching issues for the same reason. I met with the LC in the hospital and a lactation nurse as well and I didn't really click with either. I met with a LC from Le Leche League at my house the other night ago and she gave me hope! I can't believe the difference already! Maybe you could see if you have a local LLL consultant that you would like better. Good luck and hang in there!
  • Options
    TexasGirl81TexasGirl81 member
    edited July 2014
    @mrscurlygurl‌
    Thank you! It's been rough these last 6 months for sure. It's gonna be a nut house when this LO arrives.

DD has never slept through the night. I'm hoping to say, as some other mothers have told me, that their LO slept through the night around 3 months. That's would rock my world!! Lol! We shall see.

I guess I would be nice if I also shared my birth experience. Well it was just last August when I gave birth to the most beautiful little girl. I was literally fearless, I knew it was going to be a piece of cake and it was. I mean it hurt like hell those contractions, but my nurse was amazing. I had H comforting me and I knew with all of the contractions Lili was well on her way.

Once I was at 10, my doc came in and was actually cracking me up while I was pushing!! Gotta love her. She kept saying "oh you're a pro, you have done this before!" I hadn't, but that made me feel more powerful and I pushed Lili out in 9 minutes.

This time I'm sooooooooooo anxious, and just a mess. Like @jensavici said, it's probably a lot a sleep deprivation. Aye aye aye. Thanks ladies for sharing your stories. I feel cheesy and want to scream out "girl power"!!! Ha!!

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    SaraRL07 said:

Evening ladies... Thanks for the late night bumps and stories. My water broke a few hours ago and we are about to head to the hospital. Hopefully I will be cuddling with my dd soon. Current trying to decide what to snack on before we go.... Cheese toast? Smoothie?

@SaraRL07‌
    Yippee!!! Good luck.

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    @junipergaze Thanks! I may check them out!
  • Options
    I'm sad I missed the LNCI! I did these on my last BMB and it was the easiest way for me to consistently contribute.

My delivery was much less complicated this time around.  I was induced at almost 42 weeks with my first, epis failed, SUPER long recovery (I was still having some issues at 11 months PP!).  I was able to have an uncomplicated, non-epi birth this time.  I labored in the tub for 3 of the 4 hours I was at the hospital before having baby.  I don't know what the reason is, but this recovery has been amazing.  I am so very, very, very thankful.  It has been such a blessing to be able to play on the floor for more than a minute and run around with DS1 again...something I really struggled with when I was 9 months pregnant!

Looking forward to the check-ins and getting to know you ladies a little better.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Missed the check-in and now I'm up with both boys. Labor was similar but different this time around. It was the same in the fact that my water broke and contractions ramped up. It was different in the fact that it was shorter this time around (7 hours vs. 15 hours with DS1). I was 6-7 cm when we arrived at the hospital so once I was in my room I got the IV of fluids then the epi. The epi was worse this time around since the lady hit a nerve, creating the worst pain I have ever felt. I screamed at DH that we are never having any more kids. I stalled at around 8 cm, so my OB gave me pitocin. My blood pressure dropped to 87/42 and baby's heart rate dropped as well, so they took me off the pit after 30 mins and I had to wear an oxygen mask the rest of the delivery. Both times pushing went fast. Ds1 was 20 mins and ds2 was 5-8 mins. So happy this time around I didn't tear, so I was up and moving shortly after. When my OB came in and I started pushing, it was quiet and calm and I was in the zone. It was e best part of labor. I don't think we will have any more. The postpartum and newborn stage always do a number on me. We are happy with 2 boys! :)
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• Options
    ichamommy said:
    So I missed this check-in... No, not because I wasn't up in the middle of the freaking night, but rather because I was up and a complete zombie just going through the motions of the night routine without actually being "awake"... TWICE.

This is me too. I was up enough to change and feed DD, but not to get on here and post anything rational. My goal was to just get back to sleep as soon as possible.
  • Options
    I'm finger feeding as I type. Low supply really sucks, trying to pump after every feeding with a toddler running around is almost impossible. Good luck to you!
    Danipg said:

I'm awake pumping after finger feeding after attempting to breast feed...feeling frustrated and tired as usual about that whole situation.
    Birth was an experience that I won't easily forget... The cramping I had throughout labour sucked more than the contractions and I did not expect the epi do wear off so many times and so quickly. The emotional roller coaster I'm on fron trying to deal with having to have a section and so many issues with feeding is quite hard. But my squishy little guy is totally worth it!

• Options
    Someone tell me why I am laying here awake listening to my recently fed, recently changed infant coo and play? Why can't I sleep while he is awake?
  • Options
    Here!

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @hab83  yes!  that is the worst.  i know i can't let him just sleep in a poopy diaper...but when i know it's going to totally wake him up to change him, it's pretty tempting.  sigh, gotta do whatcha gotta do.

i'm up. 

dh tried to help out and let me sleep right after baby's last feeding, but he put baby's diaper on way too loose and now the snuza alarm keeps going off.  ugh!  also, dh says i'm crazy to put clothes on a baby--apparently his family just kept babies in a diaper and swaddle blanket....anyway, he refuses to snap back down a onesie if he's changing the diaper (since in his mind the onesie shouldn't be there), so it bunches all up on baby's upper body while he's sleeping and makes him uncomfortable :(

i don't want to be the know-it-all first time mom (especially since i'm an only child with no infant experience and he has 3 younger siblings he took care of as babies), but i wish he'd get with the baby clothes program and snap the damn things down!

end 3am rant.

5 years TTC, no luck with IUI's, failed IVF June 2013, 
    FET Oct 2013 with delayed transfer, intralipids, lovenox & prednisone= first BFP of my life!
    ***Beautiful baby boy born June 13th!*** 

• Options
    Of course the first night I decide to let little miss sleep longer than the 3 hours, she wakes on her own at less than...after having taken way too long to eat and settle back down after the first night feeding...

image image
  • Options
    What's up guys? Happy Friday! I'm going to be the dramatic, first time mom who calls the pediatrician for the 2nd time this week as soon as they open tomorrow. Those poor bastards are getting their first dose of my crazy.
    //

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

::formerly csmith - regular/lurker since Nov13:: 
  • Options

@hab83  yes!  that is the worst.  i know i can't let him just sleep in a poopy diaper...but when i know it's going to totally wake him up to change him, it's pretty tempting.  sigh, gotta do whatcha gotta do.

i'm up. 

dh tried to help out and let me sleep right after baby's last feeding, but he put baby's diaper on way too loose and now the snuza alarm keeps going off.  ugh!  also, dh says i'm crazy to put clothes on a baby--apparently his family just kept babies in a diaper and swaddle blanket....anyway, he refuses to snap back down a onesie if he's changing the diaper (since in his mind the onesie shouldn't be there), so it bunches all up on baby's upper body while he's sleeping and makes him uncomfortable :(

i don't want to be the know-it-all first time mom (especially since i'm an only child with no infant experience and he has 3 younger siblings he took care of as babies), but i wish he'd get with the baby clothes program and snap the damn things down!

end 3am rant.
    DS2 is nearly 2. Hubby still doesn't snap shit. It's like the baby equivalent of putting the toilet seat down or actually putting the TP roll on the holder.

Wow. That would drive me crazy too!!

We're up over here at 2:30 for the first time. His belly button is stinky, I hope it falls off soon! And he feels realllly warm, but temp is 98. Those are our biggest problems over here...it's rough;)
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

What's up guys? Happy Friday! I'm going to be the dramatic, first time mom who calls the pediatrician for the 2nd time this week as soon as they open tomorrow. Those poor bastards are getting their first dose of my crazy.

Hi everyone. You're going to be seeing a lot more of me!
    @csmith0085‌ is your LO ok? I'm a STM, but am still a firm believer in harassing the pedi's nursing line!

My late night rant is that I got a call from MIL at 9:45 tonight & Surprise! she & her ex-husband are coming today to stay for the weekend! I'm happy they're coming to visit, but I'm tired of them pulling this last minute crap- she did the same thing right before DS's birthday party. Urgh! Vent over
  • Options
    Ok one more, what would you do?
    DH sleep walks sometimes. Tonight he did & is now sleeping on the couch in just his boxers.
    My mom is here & he would be so embarrassed to be caught in his boxers.
    Would you walk him up to come back upstairs or enjoy the morning entertainment?
  • Options
    Hey ladies. I am up. My LO was just up and eating for the first time tonight. That would be great if she was not 3 days old. And it is impossible to wake her up. No matter what we do if she is not awake enough to eat she will just fall asleep as soon as she latches on . She is tiny to begin with.any advice would be welcome.
  • Options
    @Nicole3&amp;counting‌ strip LO down so she's not warm & cozy. If she starts dozing basically annoy her- blow in her face, flick her feet, or pump her arm up & down. DS 1 was a lazy eater & it was so frustrating! Good luck!
  • Options
    Pedi told me I could stop setting my alarm to wake and feed her and start just feeding her when she's hungry (she's gained enough weight back.) I've had 2 or 3 alarm/exhaustion mishaps where she went 4-4 1/2 hous between a feeding at night. If course tonight is not one of those nights and she's up on her own to eat every 2:45 hours. Oh, well, at least it's way easier waking up to her being awake than my alarm!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"