May 2014 Moms
Options

Baby's sleeping longer at night... Do you pump or let your milk adjust??

My Little one has started sleeping 6-8 hours some nights. Would you get up to pump or should I let my milk adjust to longer stretches? She is about to start daycare so I will be pumping a lot more and don't want my milk supply to diminish. Any thoughts?

Re: Baby's sleeping longer at night... Do you pump or let your milk adjust??

• Options
    If you need to build a stash, I'd still pump. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't-- it depends on how tired I am.... But I've also already got about 150 oz in my freezer from when I had a super over supply.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• Options
    spacepotatoesspacepotatoes member
    edited July 2014
    I'm letting my supply adjust and just pumping for relief as needed. But, I don't need to build a stash. I think in that case, I'd continue to pump.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've let mine adjust. My DD sleeps 10 to 11 hours at night and takes 5 bottles during the day. I pump those 5 times to match when she eats. I do get a lot during that first pump of the day. Today it was 10 ounces. And the other 4 pumps I get 4 to 6 ounces usually. I figured if she will STTN then I should get the benefits too!
  • Options
    I don't pump but I need to so I can build a stash. He goes down at 8 or 9 and I should pump at 11 before I go I bed. But I've been lazy and instead I just let my supply adjust. Next week I'll start pumping!
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    I usually get up and pump around 1:30am if I'm not too tired. LO is in daycare and I'm pumping at work, but she's been eating more than I'm pumping during the day. The motn pumping I get a lot and makes sure I will have enough for LO the next day.

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm not building a stash, so I sleep. My boobs aren't happy about it, though. They're super sore.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Options
    Let it adjust. Your supply will likley take a dip when you first go back to work but it'll regulate.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My LO usually sleeps from about 10:30-6:30 and I just let my milk adjust. I do pump once a day just to keep a stash, but I usually do that once I get up for the day between 10-11a. I really should do it after our first morning feed, but typically I spend an hour with him until he is out again, then he is up around 9-9:30 and we have play time in the bed for a while before I drag myself out and get ourselves going for the day. But I do already have a good stash going in my freezer, if you're working on building one you will get more milk after that first feeding.
  • Options
    I pump morning and evening. Our LO is STTN and I like to let myself sleep. I pump as soon as I can in the morning after feeding her, and usually get at least 10 ounces. I have a large stash in the freezer, and just keep adding to it. I say pump if you feel uncomfortable and want to, but if not, let yourself sleep.
  • Options
    MarieF2 said:

I usually get up and pump around 1:30am if I'm not too tired. LO is in daycare and I'm pumping at work, but she's been eating more than I'm pumping during the day. The motn pumping I get a lot and makes sure I will have enough for LO the next day.

Maybe I should do a MOTN pumping session. Not getting much these days & I think he's drinking more. I'm back to work f/t next week & I'm afraid I won't have enough stored.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"