Food Allergy

Newbie question

Hi and thank you in advance!! I just got my 1 year old son tested for allergies. He had a severe reaction to raw eggs and peanuts. He had a mild one to sesame seeds as well. I'm waiting for an appointment with his pediatrician to guide me. I know nothing about allergies!!! I know I'm not supposed to give my son certain types of food, but what about bread that may contain sesame seeds?? Should I also stop eating that since I am still breastfeeding? Any advice? I'm freaking out and overanalyzing everything! Thank you!!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Newbie question

• LSU628LSU628 member
    Who did your testing? They should have gone over the results with you and given you a care plan. FWIW most pedis are not very knowledgeable about food allergies. Our pedi always deferes to our allergist when I have questions.
    imageimage
  • Was the testing done at the pediatrician's office? If so, I'd make an appt with a Pediatric Allergist so you can get your questions answered by someone in that specialty. They'll also write up an allergy action plan so you know what to do in case of a reaction.

Were you prescribed Epi-Pens? If so, you'll want to train everyone in the family on how/when to use them. Same goes for anyone else who cares for your LO.

The FARE website is a great resource for information on managing food allergies.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"