Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Sleep Position

My 18 day old daughter ends up in her side in her bassinet to sleep. We put her on her back at night and I'll look over at her maybe 10 minutes later and she's on her side. We think this is because she was born breech, so a lot of the time her legs go up in the air and then fall to the side. Is this something I should worry about? The dr didn't seem too concerned when I told him about it.

Re: Sleep Position

• Options
    I think the side is okay.  My daughter likes to nap on her side.  As long as you aren't afraid she will roll over on her tummy (is she is swaddled.) 
  • Options
    She is swaddled.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    XathXath member
    If she can get there herself, she's ok to sleep that way.  You may want to try an arms out swaddle, as it will make it less likely that she'd be able to roll onto her stomach.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    my daughter starts out on her side and sometimes stays there or will move and lay on her back....i was told side is okay!!
  • Options
    My pedi told us that if he does it himself, its fine. DS sleeps on his side pretty much all the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"