May 2012 Moms

Do your toddlers...

Do your little ones understand the idea of pointing at something and can they get where you are pointing? Sophia gets the concept but she often has difficulty following where we're pointing. I am trying to figure out if it's normal or if it has to do with double vision (she has Duane Syndrome).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do your toddlers...

• DD is like this. I'll point and she turns around, but will look up/down/side to side and not necessarily in the exact direction I point.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• LO will grab my hand to show me what he wants but will not follow if we're pointing at something...so if a butterfly goes by, he'll react to the "Look a butterfly!" but he often misses it because he didn't notice I was pointing at it.  If I just pointed and didn't say anything he wouldn't notice at all.   Also it's possible he sees it but doesn't acknowledge it, but often he's still looking around long after the butterfly is gone.
  • Loading the player...
  • I hadn't thought about it, but just tested it out with her and she will look in the direction I'm pointing and try to guess what I'm pointing at within the general direction I'm pointing.

• DD will look but it's difficult for her to follow or find what I'm pointing at. For example, there was a rabbit all the way across our back yard the other day and I pointed to show her but she didn't see it before it ran off.
  • DD will look but it's difficult for her to follow or find what I'm pointing at. For example, there was a rabbit all the way across our back yard the other day and I pointed to show her but she didn't see it before it ran off.
    This. If it's something close then she will typically be able to tell where I'm pointing.

Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"