May 2014 Moms

random thoughts.

Re: random thoughts.

• @bridetobe9132013‌ - I loved The Killing, Mad Men, the Walking Dead, Downton Abbey, and Homeland.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @bridetobe9132013‌ I just finished Dexter. I also really loved Friday Night Lights (and I'm not a huge football person). Same creator as Parenthood. Lots of high school and family drama goodness. Kudos to you for watching little by little-- I often binge watch and get nothing done all day. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • @bridetobe9132013‌ I just finished Dexter. I also really loved Friday Night Lights (and I'm not a huge football person). Same creator as Parenthood. Lots of high school and family drama goodness. Kudos to you for watching little by little-- I often binge watch and get nothing done all day. :)

Ooh ya, Friday Night Lights was great start to finish.
  • I cant believe I went so long without Netflix! I am loving it :) Im watching a movie called "The Pill" and its pretty crazy!

Just watched this, it was good
  • I can't believe the number of baby bjorn carriers I saw at the farmers market this morning. I just kept thinking hip dysplasia. Nearly all the babies were forwarded facing too.
  • @Emmagk‌ no one where I love seems well versed in baby carriers either. This also means I get a lot of weird looks when I use my carriers.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Just put a disposable breast pad through the washer...uggg mess
  • Emmagk said:

I can't believe the number of baby bjorn carriers I saw at the farmers market this morning. I just kept thinking hip dysplasia. Nearly all the babies were forwarded facing too.

What should I know
  • Emmagk said:

I can't believe the number of baby bjorn carriers I saw at the farmers market this morning. I just kept thinking hip dysplasia. Nearly all the babies were forwarded facing too.

What should I know
    Any carrier that dangles baby from the crotch put baby at risk for hip dysplasia. Basically baby should be faced in with legs around you, butt lower than knees and supported knee to knee

https://hipdysplasia.org/developmental-dysplasia-of-the-hip/prevention/baby-carriers-seats-and-other-equipment/
  • Since this is likely our last baby I feel extra emotional. Time is going way too quickly and everytime DS does a new "first" I get all weepy and just want to pause time to make my kids stop growing for a little bit.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @ns1 said:

Since this is likely our last baby I feel extra emotional. Time is going way too quickly and everytime DS does a new "first" I get all weepy and just want to pause time to make my kids stop growing for a little bit.

I could've written this myself. :(

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• athn64 said:
    @comicsans My cousin just had a baby and I can't help but think that DD couldn't have ever been that small. (He is a smaller than she was but not by much).
    There has been a baby boom.  I've had 3 friends and my SIL have their babies in the past week (one is in labor now).  I cry every time I see how tiny they are!!   Can't believe my girl was so small.  Kindof makes me ready to have another.... kindof.... OK not yet.  But now I can understand why people have more than one.  In the beginning i was thinking 'awww hell no'
  • Random question for the RTT. I just got a gift in the mail from a cousin I scarcely know. Inside, there's no card. The contents were a beautiful kitchen knife, a few other minor kitchen utensils, and a small infant toy.

Now, I'm a little confused, because it kind of looks like gifts off a wedding registry. We've been married five years, so clearly that's not it. I don't know of any other family weddings around now either. But kitchenware would be an unusual baby gift. So....

What's ettiquette suggest when I suspect I've received a gift meant for someone else?
  • Thanks @athn64‌ , that was my suspicion. It just feels a bit weird as it is out of character for her to be sending gifts to us at all.
  • What shows are people watching on netflix or cable? Im going through Dexter (again), Scrubs, undercover boss, parenthood. I watch these little by little of course, when I get time. What should I go through next?

Parks and Rec, Private Practice, Fringe, Firefly, My First Home, anything with Gordon Ramsay
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Because sometimes you are too lazy to wash the bigger bottles so you have to make two
  • What shows are people watching on netflix or cable? Im going through Dexter (again), Scrubs, undercover boss, parenthood. I watch these little by little of course, when I get time. What should I go through next?

Watching on my own: Once Upon a Time, Pretty Little Liars (all caught up on both and searching for something new.)

Watching with husband: The Killing, Boardwalk Empire. When they return, we will watch Parenthood and Fargo. If you liked the movie Fargo, I can't recommend the show enough. It's sooo good.

Also, I think that putting on running clothes is the same thing as running, right? It helps to also be single-handedly eating a full-size Wegmans Ultimate Chocolate cake from my birthday this past weekend. Sigh...

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • QOTRQOTR member
    edited September 2014
    athn64 said:
    Do 4 month olds have temper tantrums? Because I'm pretty sure DD threw one this evening. Only thing missing was the laying on the floor kicking part. Mommy is not amused.
    oh my gosh - my baby has such a temper!   Hell hath no fury like a hungry baby being temporarily put down so his mom can put on the nursing pillow. 

*Edited to correct my dumb typo
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14

• Emmagk said:

What should I know

We bought an Ergo because of the hip thing, and then someone gave us a Baby Bjorn. DS hates hates hates the Ergo, like full on screming when I try to put him in it. The Bjorn, loves it. Happy as a clam. So if you see me with a Bjorn, it's not because I don't know the risks, I just can't wear him in the Ergo. I'm hoping as he gets bigger the Ergo will start to be more comfortable for him. :(

Try using a scarf to make it knee to knee. YouTube has a video for it :)
  • @Lissiehoya‌ DH and I are also going through Supernatural! We are on season 9.
  • I just love watching those hotties ;)
  • My LO has been asleep since 740, but tonight's Sons of Anarchy has me too worked up to sleep!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • DS2 sounds like how I'd imagine a pterodactyl would sound. He does it when he's happy and he does it when he's upset at us and he does it when he wants something (like the other day when he wanted to be near his grandpa and big brother.)

Also. Super excited about eating out on a drug company's dime. <3 drug reps

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• DS2 sounds like how I'd imagine a pterodactyl would sound. He does it when he's happy and he does it when he's upset at us and he does it when he wants something (like the other day when he wanted to be near his grandpa and big brother.)

When DD fusses I call her baby dinosaur. :)

• @cook251 I'm sorry about your loss. I bet you are exhausted.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • DS has his first tooth coming through and has been drooling like crazy for the last 2 weeks. Yesterday I borrowed an amber necklace from a friend to try it before buying one. I was fairly skeptical about the whole thing but not a single bit of drool has escaped his mouth since it went on, his cheeks are less red and he's been way happier. I just went out and bought one, sign me up as a believer
  • kc83 said:

I find it hard to click with other moms when they don't have the same parenting philosophy as me. Going to these mom groups sometimes I feel alone. I just want to be there for the LO to play and interact. It's great everyone has a different style but it's difficult to talk about stuff when your not on the same page.

I take DD to a parenting group on Monday s were I just don't really click with any of the other moms I feel akward the entire time but she seems to like it so I keep going. On Wednesday s we go to baby gym class and I feel much more comfortable there with those moms for some reason.
  • Forgot my pump at home today.   Uggg... boobs sore.  Was thinking of weaning but had not planned on going 2 pump sessions/day to 0!   5:30 cannot come fast enough.

Also, the elevator is down.  Sh*t I'm out of shape.
  • KellyQ116 said:

Forgot my pump at home today.   Uggg... boobs sore.  Was thinking of weaning but had not planned on going 2 pump sessions/day to 0!   5:30 cannot come fast enough.

hand express a little in the ladies room, I have done this for relief. Does mean you have to squirt a little of your liquid gold at the toilet but it feels so much better.

• Forgot my pump at home today.   Uggg... boobs sore.  Was thinking of weaning but had not planned on going 2 pump sessions/day to 0!   5:30 cannot come fast enough.

hand express a little in the ladies room, I have done this for relief. Does mean you have to squirt a little of your liquid gold at the toilet but it feels so much better.
    The last time i tried this I bruised the crap out of my boobs.  So I just Youtubed a video on how to do it today for some relief... I hope they don't audit my computer!  ha
  • There is a haaayuuuge wildfire a few miles up the highway from my house. The winds shifted all the smoke our way overnight so this morning everything was hazy & smelled like a campfire. Poor California, where everything is on fire and it will never rain again.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• kc83 said:

I find it hard to click with other moms when they don't have the same parenting philosophy as me. Going to these mom groups sometimes I feel alone. I just want to be there for the LO to play and interact. It's great everyone has a different style but it's difficult to talk about stuff when your not on the same page.

I take DD to a parenting group on Monday s were I just don't really click with any of the other moms I feel akward the entire time but she seems to like it so I keep going. On Wednesday s we go to baby gym class and I feel much more comfortable there with those moms for some reason.

This is the reason I have yet to join any baby groups. I quite terrified of awkward mommy talk I'm not really interested in having. I have many friends who are moms that I don't see enough of...I figure I'll work at getting together for mom dates with them and join classes for wee one when she's a bit older and will appreciate the other babes (I'm thinking the 6-8 month timeframe).

I've finally found a mums group locally. They are meeting tomorrow morning and I'm forcing myself out of my introvert comfort zone. I'm quite nervous about it though
  • Food poisoning. I haaz that too. And LO is already up once by midnight. FML
  • jsquaree said:

KellyQ116 said:

The shopping bug. I haaz it. Up until now I haven't bought DD many clothes. She got a lot as gifts and my MIL thinks buying her clothes will buy her more time... Anyhow, daycare told me she needed a jacket to keep there for when they go on walks (this alone made me laugh- this tiny human needs a jacket, and daycare needed to tell me that...) So I had go out to look for a jacket. So I'm out and then I decide have to buy long sleeved onsies, had to buy this super cute peplum outfit, and then I had to have the cords, and new bows, and oh ALL OF THE CLOTHES! I even went online to H&M and bought stuff. Plus my Etsy order for her photoshoot came today and I'm still waiting on the zip suit. Somebody stop me! Guess it had to happen at some point. The good news is that at least I had a $75 credit to Carter's from returning clothes from MIL that were either too small or NMS. Sorrynotsorry. Team subtle animal is ok but don't want my daughter in full on leopard print thank you very much

You and me both. DH doesn't allow me near H&M, lol. Went to the outlet mall with my friend on Monday, though. Between the two of us, LO got his entire winter and spring wardrobe.
    Awesome! I can't even imagine the damage I couple do at an outlet mall! I wish I never found out H&M made infant clothing!

• I hate waking up to pump. Hate it.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

• Don't know why I agreed to a 7:10 am apt for LO's four month check up...
  • Me ordering lunch;
    Cashier: Anything else?
    Me: No
    Cashier (sounding shocked): you don't want any coffee???

And I thought I looked pretty good today!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"