Georgia Babies

Moving to Atlanta(Alpharetta) from Maryland

Hello, My husband, daughter, and I are moving to the Atlanta area (Alpharetta) from Maryland. We have a 7 month old daughter and I will be working part time/SAHM part time. Are there any good mom meet up groups or activities (music/story hours/gymboree) that you would recommend? I am hoping to meet people especially other moms. Thanks in advance@ 

Re: Moving to Atlanta(Alpharetta) from Maryland

• Thank you! This is helpful. How do you like the area after moving a year ago?
  • Hi there!  I moved to the Atlanta area (Woodstock) from Maryland nearly 3 years ago and had a son last June.  I moved from the DC metro area of Maryland (Germantown in Montgomery County).  I feel differently about the traffic and compared to the DC area, it is great...with the except of the area immediately surrounding Atlanta.  Overall, I love the area and find the people and pace of life to be preferable to DC/Metro Maryland. 

As far as moms groups, I joined my local MOMS (Moms Offering Moms Support) Club and also found some good groups on Meetup.com.  I also work so don't participate as much as I would like in the groups but there are a ton available. It seems like being a SAHM is more common in my area of Georgia than it was in my area of Maryland, probably because of cost of living differences. 

Good luck and welcome!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was born and raised in Maryland (Baltimore). I've lived here for almost 11 years. I have a 2yo, and a baby on the way.

I live on the southside, so no help to you. The Atlanta traffic is no joke. Rush hour starts at 3:30. The other day we left my MIL's (Norcross area), and it took us 3 hours to get home instead of one hour, in the HOV lane.

Before my daughter turned a year, we did story time at our local library. Then when she was 15 months old, we did Tiny Tunes. We both loved Tiny Tunes. The only reason we are stopping is b/c my daughter starts preschool in August.

We've also done gymnastics for one session. We will try it again, once we get used to going to preschool and having a new baby;)

Good luck with your move.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  • I'm another Maryland transplant in Atlanta, though not the Alpharetta area.
  • My DH & I are moving to Alpharetta end of October (job transfer for him). We lived in Baltimore (canton) for many years, actually met my DH at the Green Turtle in Fell's! Anyway, live in MO & headed to Alpharetta next. I have an almost 6mth old daughter & will be working PT (I am a fitness instructor & trainer) and am a SAHM in between. I too am looking for groups & things to do with her (& me!)
    Lilypie - Eu0n
    BFP: 12/3/15     EDD: 8/11/16     IT'S A BOY!!!
    MAXIMUS POWERS   8♥5♥16

Lilypie - pXE7
    BFP: 8/5/13      EDD: 4/13/14     IT'S A GIRL!!!      
    AYLA BLAIR   3♥27♥14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"