1st Trimester
Options

Afraid to chew gum!

Ive read that chewing gum is bad during pregnancy and ive stopped but I can't stop craving for it and I feel like I need it. Has anyone chewed gum during their pregnancy? This is my first pregnancy and im 5 weeks and 2 days *I cant really ask a doctor cause they only accept paitents 8 weeks and up * :/

Re: Afraid to chew gum!

• Options
    It's fine.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    I've been chewing PUR (aspartame free) gum which has all natural ingredients. Peppermint seems to help me a little when I'm nauseous. You can find it on amazon.com. Good luck with your pregnancy and hope this helps!
  • Options
    You won't hurt the baby but you'll likely be burping and farting to high heaven.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Yes im serious cause ivs been told by MATURE adults that went through pregnancy and thier doctors told them to not chew gum and I looked online so if u have nothing nice to say dont bother commenting PERIOD
  • Options
    MrsSept13MrsSept13 member
    edited July 2014

Yes im serious cause ivs been told by MATURE adults that went through pregnancy and thier doctors told them to not chew gum and I looked online so if u have nothing nice to say dont bother commenting PERIOD

A little off base, but how old are you?
    TTGP Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

My Chart
  • Options
    Well you shouldn't have bothered commenting all I asked was for opinions @janda426‌
  • Options

The only gum I can advise you not to chew is the nicotine gum you'd use to stop smoking.  That's the only thing that even partly makes sense on the topic of "dangerous chewing gum".

Grow a thicker skin, OP.  The snark is very strong on The Bump.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Is this a prank? Where are the hidden cameras?
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    LOL. That is all.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    etoille said:

MrsMuq said:

@primrosemama - guess you haven't read the "PSA" thread about haircuts yet... ;)

Dude....I know this shit is normal but sometimes I just think "god it feels like its worse.  the stupid actually feels worse."

It gets worse! It hurts!

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    HerHighnessHerHighness member
    edited July 2014
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    uhhhhhhhh you should probably stop talking to whoever gave you this advice. 

• Options
    You should not chew gum and surf the internet for medical advice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am 15 weeks and chew gum a few times a day. Its one of the only things that keeps me from puking half the day.
    You and the baby should be just fine
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

• Options

janda426 said:

Guys be nice. It's because if she swallows the gum and it gets in the baby's mouth the baby doesn't have teeth to chew it. Use common sense!!11!!!1

Reminds me of my nieces saying that I need to swallow some toothpaste to send on down, so the baby can brush his teeth in there. 

I just laughed so hard I peed!! I needed a good laugh
  • Options
    Mud

It's a BOY

• Options
    JKBMA2014 said:

Mud

God I hope so.
  • Options
    The only thing I'd worry about is chewing too much gum containing the type of sweeteners that can cause poop issues. But it takes quite a bit of gum to get there.
  • Options
    Ah yes gum...the true terror of otherwise healthy pregnancies everywhere. I'm pretty sure there's a warning on gum packages: "If you are or may be pregnant, please consult your physician before use."
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    This is interesting to me. ...whether you are a new mom or not, what gives you all the right to be so mean and hateful. ..grow up! I had my first at 21 years old and knew nothing...everything scared me. How dare you ruin this exciting, scary, yet wonderful time for someone. If it really bothers you then go to another forum...ridiculous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"