May 2014 Moms
Options

What's your nap routine?

I feel like every nap is a fight with my LO. If we aren't in the car or stroller, it is a struggle to get him down (he's 7 weeks). We try swaddling, and holding him, rocking, and he will just cry and cry and cry some times...I don't want to always have to resort to nursing him to sleep. Any ideas? Tips??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What's your nap routine?

• Options
    I'm right there with you! I'd love to hear some tips.

If he's not in the carrier or the car he won't sleep. And putting him down gets me maybe half an hour.

I baby wear so I can do things. But I would love to have some nap here and there in his bed where I can put him drowsy and walk away. One day. I hope.

How's nighttime for you?
  • Options
    Nighttime is fine because I nurse to sleep. But we have solid routine (bath, swaddle, eat, bed) so I'm not too concerned he will get the hang of nighttime. I really just want to stop having to nurse him to sleep because I want to transition to formula and/or have others be able to put him to bed!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ns1ns1 member
    Also following. I am in the same boat and curious to hear ideas. I never knew what people meant by a kid fighting sleep until this one!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Nurse or burp to sleep. Put her down. Pray like hell that DS doesn't wake her.

The routine will come later.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    Dancing them to sleep worked well with both of mine during overtired scream fests. Pick a song with a mellow tempo and sing it out loud or to yourself (I found if I Didnt my anxiety would have me go to fast which perpetuated the cycle). Throw in some deep breaths. If baby knows you are relaxed, they will relax.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    Do you try to get LO to sleep at certain times or a certain amount during the day, or do you go off of their cues to nap?
  • Options
    We are are 7 weeks and also get crap naps. Then she gets pretty fussy at night. This was us today and I worried she wouldn't sleep tonight it then she have us a 5.5 hr stretch. Wondering if I need to start planning a formal Naptime soon where I put her in her crib and make her nap a priority rather than just hoping she'll fall asleep in her seat or carrier when she wants to.
  • Options
    purtzpurtz member
    Timing is everything! Check out the book 90 Minute Sleep Solution. Maybe you need to put LO down earlier? This worked for us. Good luck!

• Options
    Naps are the bane of my existence!!

Two weeks ago, LO decided she didn't want to nap anymore. Now (6w) she's back to sleeping during the day. She's been making me nervous that she won't sleep at night bc she's Taking 3-4 hr naps. I'm guessing this means we are (somewhat) through the infamous 6 wk growth spurt.

I've been putting her down based on her cues. She eays for awhile... Usually 40 ish minutes, then plays on her mat, tummy time or just looking around until she starts to fuss. Then we swaddle and rock/bounce her to sleep. She sleeps in her RnP for naps and is out in our living area (in light and everyday noise around her). I'm hoping this differentiates nap sleep from night sleep.

Is it better to just go by her cues or start aiming for a clock-based schedule?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"