Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Post Partum Bleeding and Recovery.. help please!

I gave birth on Monday to my son, 3 weeks early. While still in the hospital I passed a large clot. My nurse checked and said it was fine as it was just blood and not tissue. On Friday morning I finally had a bowel movement and while that was happening, I passed another large clot (about a plum/peach size) as well as a bunch of blood but not enough to be concerned. It was just the clot that scared me so much! Since then, I have felt totally fine but the bleeding changed to be thick, dark and stringy. Today it is very light and more pink but I still have a few small clots (the size of a nickle or so) as well as red tiny pieces. There is no blood falling into the toliet when I pee. I have a feeling of pressure in my anus as well as at the very top of my bum today. I'm just so terrified of passing another clot and am wondering if any one has experience and can tell me if I should be concerned?!

Re: Post Partum Bleeding and Recovery.. help please!

• Options
    I would go get checked out. A clot that size is concerning enough even though things seemed fine after that. I have no real experience but I was told if I had a clot bigger than a golf ball to go see a doctor. Yours was bigger :( could be nothing. But i wouldn't mess around with clots.

Good luck!
  • Options
    MizooMizoo member
    My midwife said anything "coin sized" is nothing to worry about, but if it starts becoming "fruit sized" then I should call.  Doesn't hurt to give your office a call and see what they say.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I passed a huge one the day I was leave the hospital. I felt it slide out while I was standing. Gross. I was told it was normal since I had been lying down. The nurse said it was blood that had pooled while I was resting. Anything the size of my fist was to be reported.
  • Options
    I was told if it's bigger than a golf ball to call. You should call, better safe than sorry!
  • Options
    DBonfante said:
    I was told if it's bigger than a golf ball to call. You should call, better safe than sorry!
    This.
    Together Since 9/14/2008 
    Married since 08/19/2011 
    Audrey born 5/9/2014 

A14 August Siggy Challange: This time Last Year

Me DH
    image image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had PP hemorrhaging and it's way worse than what you are describing. It happened about 2.5 weeks PP and I was bleeding through pads in less than an hour and passing massive clots continuously for a span of about 8 hours. Our house looked like a murder scene. When I got to the hospital they removed a lot more and the clotting stopped by the time I left. Some clotting is normal and your bleeding will vary through recovery (I was told), but as long as your not passing the golf ball size clots or larger you're ok. But as always, call your dr if you're concerned.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    You should probably call your dr.  I passed a big clot in the hospital during my first post c- pee.  It kind of sent my body into shock.  I started shaking uncontrollably and could barely stand.  You don't want to do that at home, with no nurses to help you through it.  Call - better to be safe.
    //

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

::formerly csmith - regular/lurker since Nov13:: 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"