March 2013 Moms

Sleep training naps

We sleep trained at 9 months for night time and every so often he falls into a bad schedule (crazy few days or new tooth, vaccinations etc) and after we are sure he is ok we have to re sleep train.  It usually takes about 2-3 days.  I'm 30 weeks and have a c section scheduled for Sept 4 for LO 2.  Usually DS takes 2 naps a day but lately it is very difficult to get him to go down.  He has to cuddle on the couch with one of us and we turn on Thomas or Little Einsteins.  He used to be out in about 15 min.  Lately it's taking 30 plus.  I just want to know if you ladies have had success sleep training for naps.  We started yesterday.  It breaks my heart.  I hate hearing him cry.  I just feel like when LO 2 comes especially after recovering from cs I will not be able to sit with him crawling all over me that long.  Did you ladies use the same method for naps as bedtime?  Was it quicker?  Did your child's naps change bc of it?  TIA!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sleep training naps

• Is it possible he's ready to drop down to 1 nap? The longer time/bigger fight might just be because he's not tired or ready for a nap at the time. At least in our case, DS skips his morning nap and takes an earlier afternoon nap every other day or so.
    DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I thought that was it but if he only naps once day hes waking up at 530 am and very cranky.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS started doing the "fighting a nap" thing around 13 months.  I ended up just giving up because it would take over an hour to get him to fall asleep.  So he has been doing a morning nap (1.5-2 hr) around 11:30.  I wait for him to fall asleep in my arms before putting him in the crib.  I really need to get him sleep trained for his nap too because we have a new LO coming in 3 months.  He does good at night falling asleep anywhere from 15-45 minutes after we put him in the crib.  I tried doing the same thing with his nap, but he just plays in the crib instead and doesn't nap at all. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

• Other than when she's sick or teething, DD usually goes right down for a nap lately. She used to play in her crib for up to an hour before falling asleep, and I just let her. That's an hour of rest, and she does eventually fall asleep.

BabyFruit Ticker

• When I put my girls down I found that soothing music really helped. It takes a little longer if they are not feeling well but the music definitely helped.
  • I've used the same method for naps and bedtime. We turn off the lights and put on a projector that shows animals on the ceiling along with soft music and we give her the pacifier. I know a lot of people are against that but it works for us and it's the only time she uses it and she spits it out as soon as she's fallen asleep.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"