May 2014 Moms
Options

Constant congestion?

So LO has his two month check up on Monday so I'm gonna mention it to his dr again but I thought I would see if anyone else is experiencing this. He has been congested for about 5 weeks off and on. More on than off. We sleep with the humidifier on every night. I've read it could be a milk allergy? And since we started formula while my milk is going he fights the bottle and cries in between. I burp him every ounce and sometimes he's ok but more often then not he gets mad. Should I try a soy or just stick to his formula now for a bit longer?

Re: Constant congestion?

• Options
    If it's an allergy, you might also see mucousy poops (though that would happen if congested, also) and a ring around LO's bum.

Our DD was really fussy when nursing and we had the mucousy poops so I got concerned as well. We tried saline spray for the congestion and it has helped. We just use it as needed, usually either in the morning or evening. I'd try something like that first, a saline solution or an aspirator to suck it out, and see if that helps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    momo214momo214 member
    edited July 2014
    I asked my pediatrician at LOs 2 month check up. She said it's totally normal. Babies don't know how to blow their nose and get their snots out so it gets snotty sounding. I suck out my baby's boogers with the sucker bulb thing and that helps a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"