Georgia Babies

Childcare - wait lists

Hi! We have been looking into childcare for our child (due in jan 2015) starting in August 2015. We toured wieuca road baptist church and really liked it. However we were told there is a very long wait list, approx 60 kids for the infant program and they only take about 8 kids a year. I feel like we have a long time (13 months) until we need childcare, but I am kinda worried we won't get in. We are also on other wait lists, some with similar situations, some with short lists. So we have back ups. But this whole childcare situation can be very stressful! I have heard of people not hearing back form places for almost 2 years! I guess my question is, how long did you have to wait on a wait list for your preferred school or are you still waiting? How long was the list you were on? Also, who if you have had experience with wieuca and the wait list, please share your experience! Thanks so much!!

Re: Childcare - wait lists

• No experience with Wieuca, but we were on 3 wait lists. One opened when DS was 6 months old (we got on it late in the game, I was probably 6 months pregnant). We passed on it, though, because I was still nursing on my lunch breaks and that school wasn't close to work, just home. The other 2 places didn't open up for a place in the infant room and he started at our preferred school in the 12-18 month class after being on the list for a year (got on that list way late because I didn't find it until he was born). He spent the first year at our fall back place that was fine, but not what we wanted long term. It helped that I went daily to nurse, though, so even though it wasn't our preferred place, I knew it was fine since they saw me daily.
  • We used The Chastain School.  THey have 6 infant rooms so you can get a spot fairly easily.  There were several parents we met that didn't get into Wieuca so they went with Chastain and then stayed.  I'm not sure they ever were called by Wieuca.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"