Babies: 9 - 12 Months

XP: My boobs are giving out

LO is almost a year old and we've been able to make it this far on my milk alone. I always had an over supply - even was able to donate over 200 oz to the local milk bank! As part of my over supply / overconfidence I didn't pump as frequently as I should have during the day - usually I could make enough milk in the morning to supplement any nursing sessions during the day, or I'd just pull from my freezer stash. But, just within the last week or two I've noticed a significent decrease in my output. I'm no longer making enough to cover a days requirement of bottles. We're on the go quite a bit, and also have a nanny twice/week. LO is taking in more food as he nears his first birthday but he still loves the boob! While I was always planning of stopping at 1 year, now that we're here I'm not so sure any more. I dont want to take that pleasure away from him and I'm struggling with the idea of stopping. I could toss this pump out in a second, but I'm worried that my supply will tank even more if I stop pumping. Yet, I also feel like he's going to need more milk - and therefore we should start supplementing with WCM? 

Anyway, what should I do? Should I try to up my supply again by taking some supplements and increasing pumping for a couple of days to see how I respond? Should I just start supplementing with WCM mixed into the BM? Should I just admit that its been a year, I've made my original goal and get on with it? 

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

Re: XP: My boobs are giving out

• I no longer pump much, but my son still nurses when I am home. My supply is much lower now that im pregnant, but he still seems happy with what he gets. Babies are better at getting milk out than a pump is. I would say just keep nursing when you want to and give normal milk any other time. He is still getting all the benefits of breast milk.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"