May 2014 Moms

mini pill users come in!

I decided to get on some sort of birth control so I went with the mini pill. I started yesterday. What is your experience with it? Did/do you like it? Is it any different than a regular pill besides the hormones? I didn't talk much about it with my obgyn as I had to leave due to emergency but I got the gist

It's a BOY

Re: mini pill users come in!

• JKTTC1JKTTC1 member
    Following! I got it filled 2 weeks ago but didn't start it. I really don't want anything affecting my supply!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• I'm on it. Been told by friends that you have to be really on time with taking it for it to work. At least one of them has a mini pill baby. I have a consult for an iud next week, been rough remembering even with an alarm set.

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • Lild09Lild09 member
    Got the script today and plan on starting tomorrow. Ob said to take it same time everyday and that along with breast feeding it's very effective and won't bother supply bc of no estrogen in it. He did mention to use condoms the first couple of weeks with it and that I may get spotting here or there and if I get a period at any point it's not from the pill it's just something that would happen. I was always really great with taking my old bcp at the same time everyday so I'm not concerned about that and we used condoms often in the past to make extra sure we didn't get pregnant so that's the plan :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Take it on time! My coworker is due next month with her mini pill baby.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

• danabsddanabsd member
    edited July 2014
    I was on it from October 2012 - August 2013 and it did it's job.  You are suppose to take it everyday at the same time for maximum effectiveness.  I usually took it at bedtime and backed it up with pull and pray.  I got pregnant less than 2 weeks off of it so be careful if you forget a day or two.   ;)

ETA: I BF'd the entire time.  Sept 12- Sept 13.

• Thank you for sharing ladies! I have also heard that you could be in some trouble if you aren't exactly on time with. I've been pretty ggood in the past (unless I wasn't being sexually active) on taking my pill. One alarm usually does the trick. The only issue I've had is leaving it at home so so I just leave it in my purse

It's a BOY

• I just started it yesterday too! Thanks for the advice all. I have a cellphone alarm and keep it in my purse so that I always have it on me. That's what I did with my old pill, too...will just need to be extra careful with this one!

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

• I started on it a few weeks ago. I never knew this about the mini pill, but it's weird that you just take it continuously without breaks and you don't really get a "period". I did bleed for 4-5 days after I started and I read that you mostly have irregular spotting. I'll be curious to see how much/often I end up bleeding. Might be a PITA to not know when to expect a period though... I have also had to set an alarm to remember to take it on time!
  • @Sam0905‌ I'm so glad you mentioned taking it continuously. With all my old pills we had the 7 day sugar pills and they were always a different color. I noticed these were all one color so I wasn't sure what the deal was. I was going to ask the pharmacist

It's a BOY

• There is no sugar pill week. You take it 365.

• Started it Monday, I noticed a drop in my supply for about two days but I pumped and now back to normal.

I've been spotting which I've been told is very common.

You have to take it within the same one hour window every day for it to be most effective--- and after you stop breastfeeding exclusively (adding solids/weaning) it's efficacy goes waaaaaay down.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• I had very light brown discharge this morning which I m assuming is from the pill. Any mood swings? I had really bad mood swings with my old pill but it obviously had a lot more hormones

It's a BOY

• I've been on it 2 weeks & had a heavy period in the first week taking it. Haven't noticed it affect supply or anything-I'm ebf so doc said it wouldn't
  • I tried it at 6 weeks pp my supply tanked, like two drips while pumping in that time so I quit. Doctor said that it shouldn't happen but as soon as I stopped taking it my supply came back up so there ya go.
  • Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye on my boobs!

It's a BOY

• JKBMA2014 said:
    I had very light brown discharge this morning which I m assuming is from the pill. Any mood swings? I had really bad mood swings with my old pill but it obviously had a lot more hormones
    I had BAD mood swings and headaches when I first started taking the mini pill. They went away after about a week. Today (day 8) I started bleeding, a bit more then spotting and bright red so I am guessing it is my period, 6 weeks PP. 
    Nikolas Knight 
    Born: August 8th, 2009   8lbs 8oz  4:33pm

Nolan Lawrence 
    Born: May 21st2014   8lbs 14oz  3:27pm

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. 
    One is roots; the other, wings."   -Hodding Carter
  • Bumping this thread. How are things going for you ladies on the mini pill? I started on it mid-June, had some light spotting for a few days, but absolutely nothing since. My husband and I don't use extra protection, so I'm always paranoid that I'm pregnant! I've taken 2 tests over the past few weeks though and they've both been negative. I am still breastfeeding, although it's more like EPing since I'm back at work. DS has also been STTN for a few weeks so my supply isn't as consistent as it used to be. It just really freaks me out that I'm not getting a regular period, and I wonder how much the mini pill contributes to that. Anyone else have a wonky period schedule, or lack there-of? Has anyone noticed a significant drop in milk supply?
  • I tried it and almost immediately noticed a huge decrease in my supply, so I stopped.
  • @ISeeYouRN‌ - congrats! So both May 14 mamas who are pregnant again were on the minipill.... Lovely!
  • I'm on it no issues with spotting or period. DH and I are paranoid so we are using condoms too every time...sucks but I don't totally trust the mini pill bf business lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Omg you guys are scaring me. I'm on the minipill, never noticed a drop in supply and no period, not even spotting yet. Also EBF. I consistently take it between 8:30 and 9 every night.
  • ISeeYouRN said:
    I'm pregnant...that's how great my mini pill worked...
    @ISeeYouRn WOW! Did you miss a day or something? Were you breastfeeding? Congratulations? This makes me so scared.

Little update though, it turned out to be a period I'm pretty sure. Started out as light bleeding and then medium for a few days and then light and then it stopped. Seemed like a legit period. However, wasn't nearly as heavy as my pre pregnancy ones.

It's a BOY

• Oh wait, this is my other mini pill thread. Well regardless, I got my period

It's a BOY

• ISeeYouRN said:
    ISeeYouRN said:
    I'm pregnant...that's how great my mini pill worked...
    @ISeeYouRn WOW! Did you miss a day or something? Were you breastfeeding? Congratulations? This makes me so scared.

Little update though, it turned out to be a period I'm pretty sure. Started out as light bleeding and then medium for a few days and then light and then it stopped. Seemed like a legit period. However, wasn't nearly as heavy as my pre pregnancy ones.
    Nope, didn't miss a pill and I'm not breast feeding. Who knows what happened.
    Why would someone take the mini pill that isn't breast feeding? The regular one is more effective.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1) Take it every day at the same time
    2) t is only effective if you are EPing or EBFing
    3) After starting the mini pill, wait AT LEAST 2 weeks to have unprotected sex

Doing all of the above will help make the mini pill as effective as it can be. Though, I did all of the above and got pregnant on the mini pill. Condoms are the way to go if you don't want to effect your supply, IMO.
  • Condoms are the way to go if you don't want to effect your supply, IMO.
    WRAP IT UP, LADIES!

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"