February 2014 Moms
Options

TTM About Weaning

namanningnamanning member
edited June 2014 in February 2014 Moms
The inevitable is coming and I'd love some feedback from you ladies about how you did it. It makes me so sad that I won't be feeding him forever and that my little man is growing so fast :( my current situation is pumping at work away from my desk and bfing when we are home. I'd appreciate any input you ladies have. I'm so happy we have made it as long as we have but its becoming time :(

Re: TTM About Weaning

• Options
    Can I ask why you are weaning? You said you pump at work and bf at home. Are you having problems with it? Would you like to nurse longer?
  • Options
    namanningnamanning member
    edited June 2014
    Work will be getting extremely busy soon and I will be traveling quite a bit during the day but home in the evenings. It takes so much time to pump at work and its starting to getting in the way of getting my job done (there was not really anything to do until now when we are preparing for our audits and so pumping worked out). When I am away from the office I will be with coworkers auditing different organizations and it will be nearly impossible to pump/find a place to pump while I am away. I love the bond I get to have while nursing him.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    shellbell3845shellbell3845 member
    edited June 2014
    No weaning advice, but I think it would be possible to retain your nursing sessions without pumping. LO would just get formula during the day. Also, @elf828‌ might be a good resource on pumping outside the office. I think she does it daily.

If weaning is the right thing for you to do, I fully support you. I just want to make sure you know all your options if BFing is something you enjoy/want to continue.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Will my body recognize that I still want to feed while I cut back gradually on pumping?
  • Options
    I pump on my way to work (20 min drive) during my lunch, and at the very end of my day. The car adapter for my pump is one of the best $30 I spent. I've been able to just do the 3 pumps and get the same amount as when I was doing more. Just some ideas in case you want to keep going.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies I appreciate it and I'd love to hear more!
  • Options
    @anji1820‌- thank you for the Kellymom link you shared. My LO was EBF but is now starting to combo feed. I was scared this meant there was absolutely no way I was going to be able to continue to BF. This info helped me a lot!
  • Options
    OP- great question and will be following this thread!

Pumping is a big concern for me as well and I didn't know partial weaning was even possible.
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"