December 2014 Moms

What should I read??

Any good book recs? I just finished a mystery that was a big let down, so I'm hoping to pick something more satisfying. Preferably not baby related, as I've already got plenty of those books on my nightstand ;)
Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

Re: What should I read??

• Sycamore Row was awesome. Dark Places gave me nightmares even though I liked Gone Girl and Sharp objects. I liked The Husbands Secret, actually. I love anything by Lisa See. Awesome, awesome, awesome. Goldfinch is next for me. I haven't started it yet.

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • Anything by Bryce Courtenay
  • Loading the player...
  • I love Stephen King so am about to start his newest release, Mr. Mercedes.  I'm also reading the Beautiful Mess series which is in the same vein as 50 Shades, but less BDSM (unfortunately, LOL). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • SoxFan777 said:

Sycamore Row was awesome. Dark Places gave me nightmares even though I liked Gone Girl and Sharp objects. I liked The Husbands Secret, actually. I love anything by Lisa See. Awesome, awesome, awesome. Goldfinch is next for me. I haven't started it yet.

First, @soxfan777 how did I miss that you are due in December?!!! :) Second, I'll be interested to hear how you like Goldfinch. I read it in March and it was not what I expected from reviews Id read.

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

• I recently read Me Before You and loved loved loved it! I highly recommend. Next on my list is "We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves"

Pregnancy Ticker

BFP 5/19/2013. MC 7/2/2013 (9w6d) with est. loss at 8w. Miso 7/3/2013 and emergency D & C 7/6/2013.

BFP#2 11/6/2013.  CP 11/14/2013.  

BFP #3 12/13/2013.  Beta #1 @ 15dpo- 239. Progesterone 27.  Beta #2 @17dpo - 90.  CP 12/21/2013

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  -Philippians 4:6-7

All PgAL and PAL welcome.

• Shantaram! Definitely a must read.

• megbmegmegbmeg member
    edited July 2014

"The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets" and "Whered you go Bernadette?" were two of my recent favorites. For non fiction I really liked "Talking with my Mouth Full" by Gail Simmons.

@gradschoolmom1234‌ Bernadette was great! It cracked me up actually. If you liked Gail Simmons' book, have you read any of Ruth Reichl's books? I really liked Tender at the Bone.

ETA: based on the lost art of keeping secrets (which looks good!), you might like I Capture the Castle. It was great!

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• E&B0811 said:

I recently read Me Before You and loved loved loved it! I highly recommend. Next on my list is "We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves"

@E&B0811 I thought We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves was really interesting. It throws you a bit of a curve ball...
    I'm adding Me Before You to me to-read list :)

• I love Stephen King so am about to start his newest release, Mr. Mercedes.  I'm also reading the Beautiful Mess series which is in the same vein as 50 Shades, but less BDSM (unfortunately, LOL). 

@kz's_girlygirl‌ I don't always love King, but I did really like 11/22/63. Did you read that one? I'm kind of a sucker for time travel. ;)

And were we talking about good apocolyptic novels a couple of weeks ago? If so, I've heard that Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. It isn't out yet, but I'm keeping my eye out for it.

• I'm a big fantasy reader, so I'd suggest Anne Bishop's Black Jewels Trilogy! My favorites, even after all the required readings of an English degree. Start with "Daughter of the Blood" and go from there.
  • SoxFan777 said:

Sycamore Row was awesome. Dark Places gave me nightmares even though I liked Gone Girl and Sharp objects. I liked The Husbands Secret, actually. I love anything by Lisa See. Awesome, awesome, awesome. Goldfinch is next for me. I haven't started it yet.

My book club is reading Dark Places in a few weeks. Uh-oh.

I really liked Goldfinch, but it is looooong. It is heavy on description, but I thought it was incredible, and the characters were really alive to me.

I don't think I'd normally pick up Husbands Secret, but several people have rec'd it to me - maybe I should give it a shot!

• megbmeg said:

I love Stephen King so am about to start his newest release, Mr. Mercedes.  I'm also reading the Beautiful Mess series which is in the same vein as 50 Shades, but less BDSM (unfortunately, LOL). 

@kz's_girlygirl‌ I don't always love King, but I did really like 11/22/63. Did you read that one? I'm kind of a sucker for time travel. ;)

And were we talking about good apocolyptic novels a couple of weeks ago? If so, I've heard that Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. It isn't out yet, but I'm keeping my eye out for it.
    I've read all of his books and that one took me forever to pick up bc it was about time travel! Lol. My loyalty made me cave and I really enjoyed it once I started reading though!

Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • I just finished the 2nd book in the Fox and O'Hare series by Janet Evanovich. I love this series so far for when I want to read something light and easy! 
    1st book is - The Chase
    2nd book - The Heist
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just finished "the invention of wings" which was excellent!
    BFP 4/3/14, EDD 12/12/14.  Excitedly expecting our first!  It's a GIRL!

Off BCP since July 2012, TTC since cycles returned in May 2013. 
  • Night Circus is one that EVERY person I know who has read it loves it. It's got it all, mystery, romance, suspense, you name it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"