May 2014 Moms
Options

LO in her nursery

We are going on night #2 of LO sleeping in her nursery. She's still in her Rock n Play but just no longer with us. I must admit it's much harder on me emotionally than I expected. Any one else experiencing similar feelings?

Re: LO in her nursery

• Options
    We are wanting to try the same thing. Any little noise he makes I jump up therefore get no sleep. I want to try to put him in his crib but emotionally I don't think I'm ready for him to be across the hall. I think my anxiety will be through the roof.
  • Options
    It made me really sad at first but we both ended up sleeping much better. So I got over the sadness real quick :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't see tickers as I'm on mobile. How old are your LO?
  • Options
    Yes. I was waking up to his every whimper at nights and picking him up - when really he was still sleeping/pooping/being a baby. We are now sleeping in separate rooms and he is out of his RnP into is crib.

His room is directly across from ours and we leave the doors open because I was worried I wouldn't hear him also, and I've spent most I the time watching him on the monitor still-- just dreaming away. It's def worse on us then them. Right now I'm watching and waiting for him to wake for his 2-3 am feed.

I'll get over missing him, and I'm glad he's sleeping better in a safe environment.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• Options
    LO has been sleeping in his nursery in the crib since the day we got home from the hospital. It was nerve wracking I would watch the monitor making sure he is breathing. And I was scared I wouldn't hear him and sleep through his sounds. But everything is fine. I get good sleep and I do wake up when he calls. There are times I wake up just because and then I check the monitor see that he is okay and go back to sleep
  • Options
    @florassecret‌ our LO is 5 weeks today.

The sleep is better without her right there next to me but her nursery is very close to our room. This would be a different discussion if she was across the house.

I'm so nervous for the transition from RnP to crib.
  • Options
    sws684sws684 member
    LO is 5 weeks, and we started crib 2 days ago. It's going beautifully. I do wake to every little coo though and stare at the monitor some and zoom to watch her breathe. We put her in crib in boppy pillow to simulate RnP recline position, etc. It seems to be a pretty sweet transition so far :)
  • Options
    We moved DS on Mon. night. He is also still sleeping in his rnp, but in the nursery. Like PP the first night was awful for me, but DS is sleeping way better. I'm only getting up 1x per night and it's much less a production.
    We have audio monitors which I think is better, otherwise I'd never sleep.
    Slowly starting transition to crib. DS is 6 wks tomorrow.
  • Options
    @Ellastrandlewis‌ I've been taking notes from others posts about this through the week and I've been putting DS in his crib for 1 nap a day, usually the afternoon. He typically lasts 20 min tops, but this is week 1. We've been going through the 6 wk growth spurt so I'm waiting until he's through that and then I'll likely follow his lead on increasing crib time.
  • Options
    I tried to move LO into her crib last week, but I wasn't ready for her to be that far away yet. All of a sudden her room seemed a thousand miles away from me. She grunts a lot in her sleep so I think I would sleep better with her in the nursery, but I'm still too nervous I wont hear her if she needs me. I just started back at work so I think it was too much separation trying to do both at the same time. Maybe in the next few weeks we can try again..My hubby thinks I'm a little crazy.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"