May 2014 Moms
Options

Tummy Time Reactions

How does your LO do with tummy time? DS thinks it's a time to relax on his stomach and does not engage too much.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tummy Time Reactions

• Options
    She gets kinda pissed and pulls her neck way up to look at me with a scrunched up face...
  • Options
    He hates it and immediately rolls over to his back and smiles at me.... this normally happens 3 or 4 times until he just gets pissed and starts screaming. Good times.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We used to be able to do tummy time on the boppy, she freaks out when she is actually flat on her tummy, but she will now push herself over the boppy. If we do tummy time on our chest she scoots down to "eat". She knows where the boobs are lol. So all in all, she hates real tummy time and we are lucky if we get five minutes before she starts screaming.
  • Options
    He either freaks immediately and screams OR just lies there without trying to lift his head. :/ Pedi said that's fine and keep doing it even if he just lies there, it gets him used to being on his tummy and eventually he'll start to work at pushing up.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    Tummy time = cry time. I guess we are getting something out of it, as his lungs are stupid strong from screaming at us for torturing him so. We usually do tummy time on our chest, which he will at least do for 5 min before he gets fed up. I think he is only agreeable to that as the whole time is spent looking around for boobs.

Whar the boobs?
  • Options
    Glad to know I'm not the only one with issues. Basically our experience is the same as PP: she can flip over the boppy, she has no interest being tummy to tummy with me because she just gets mad if she can't get to the boob, and if she's flat on her play mat she just cries. I've been forcing at least 5 minutes regardless. I'm nervous about what the pediatrician will say at our 2 month appointment. I think she has pretty good head control, but I know tummy time is important for other development too. I just hope she starts to tolerate it better.
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • Options
    Mine also gets super upset and just army crawls and pushes herself across the mat.
  • Options
    My LO cries and screams but in the process if doing that he is lifting his head, pulling his legs under him like he's going to crawl. And then after the screaming stops he lays there because he's tired. But I can usually get him to do it for like 10mins now. I just let him scream at me. We've also done it with a mat that has a pillow to prop him up, and I've also done it flat. Either way I get the same reaction.
    Last night we were doing it, as soon as MH set him down my pup laid next to him on the mat and then LO fell asleep, it was really cute.
  • Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    He's happy as a clam on my chest, but if I try to put him on a flat surface, he doesn't dig it at all.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    Mine wants to sleep on his tummy SO badly. He loves laying on my chest and during tummy time he thinks it's nap time on his play mat. He lifts his head from side to side and just chills out, but sometimes he gets frustrated after about 5 or 10 minutes and starts mushing his face into the mat.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#1 - 11/27/09 EDD 8/5/10, DS1 arrived 7/24/10 via emergency c-section.

BFP#2 - 6/18/12 EDD 2/23/13, sweet baby girl born sleeping on 10/4/12 at 19 weeks, 3 days.

BFP #3 - 1/18/13 EDD 10/1/13, natural mc on 2/2/13 at 5 weeks, 4 days.

BFP #4 - 8/29/13 EDD 5/12/14, our sweet rainbow, DS2 born 4/29/14 via c-section

• Options
    Little girl likes it for the most part but from time to time will get super angry and face plant. She loves it on my chest or shoulder. She's always liked looking around from day one.

Welcomed our rainbow baby 5/20/2014! It's a girl!

• Options
    He either finds a hand to suck or cries. :-/

Mommy to three beautiful boys! 
    Benjamin Michael 5/17/10
    Lucas Gabriel 3/26/12
    Graham Jonathan 5/1/14

• Options
    He air crawls kind of.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• Options
    I did a You Tube search recently on Tummy Time and there are some instructional videos. I had just been putting DS flat on a blanket. He is okay with that and will lift, but eventually finds a hand to suck. My chest rarely works because of the boobs. It does help though if I hold my hand on his bottom. He can get some better height when he lifts with this support.
  • Options
    britabbritab member
    Mine looks for a boob, even though she's not hungry. She looks like she's trying to crawl to a boob and will move her head trying to eat her hand.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I really, really try to do tummy time with LO only when I know he is WIDE awake, has a full stomach, and a clean diaper, otherwise he will cry the whole time. If I know he is otherwise content, he will tolerate it for about 5 minutes before he gets annoyed (on the play mat). Other times, he just kind of lays his head down and acts like he is resting instead of actually lifting his head up. I have the most success and least resistance when I have him on my chest (or DH's), as he seems to like that more, maybe get 10 or so minutes out of him that way. I don't BF though which is probably why I have more success that way, he's not looking for the boob.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    PattyTCPattyTC member
    edited June 2014
    DD acts like she is being punished if put on her tummy. She absolutely hates any form of it. She likes to lay on your chest but when you are flat she screams. She screams the second you put her on the mat. We have started flipping her on her tummy after diaper changes. She seems to tolerate that for a few minutes. I'm stressed about her not getting the time in as well as when she lays tummy to tummy she refuses to lay on her right check. We've tried all the tricks. I'm concerned we are headed towards PT and a helmet if we can't change her ways. She's just so stubborn! It's her way or screaming.
  • Options
    My LO soon as he is placed on his tummy on the mat goes into a rage fit. I fear for the windows a lot of days. However when we are holding him on our chest he coo's and lifts with his arms and holds his head up really well. I don't understand it. -_-
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    lrmrtnlrmrtn member
    Usually he just lays there for a bit, will kick for a bit and then starts crying or screaming.  We usually get about 5 minutes before he goes crazy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Got this sweet lil mirror and it really helped. I place a rolled up blanket under her armpits to help elevate her and she'll last about 10 mins but she stares at herself and loves the lil ladybug spinning ball.
    Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th
  • Options
    Can't remember if I responded so I will again.

DS doesn't mind tummy time. He gets frustrated when he can't keep pushing up or roll over (like his leg is in the way). However, he will roll over onto his back, he's figured out how to get out of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"