Potty Training

Potty Training 3 yr old boy

I do home daycare and the parents have started PT, therefore I'm now PT too. So far it's not going all that well, hasn't peed on the potty at all, but I believe he's pooped once. He's very stubborn though an anytime I can see he has to poop or is trying to poop I tell him to go to the potty but he starts crying and freaking out. I can get him to sit on the potty for decent amounts of time but no success, he waits until he gets off and goes in his pull up. What method has worked well previously for others? Any tips or tricks??

Re: Potty Training 3 yr old boy

• LNic5LNic5 member
    Thanks for responding. I have read that no pull ups has worked for quite a few people. Unfortunaltely being wet doesn't really seem to bother him, sometimes it's still a chore changing his diaper, he doesn't want to most times, he likes to run away and squirm like it's a game. A lot of the time putting him on the potty he cries and says he doesn't want to go on the potty. It can be hard too though because they can be a little lax when doing things, they don't always stick to it which makes it difficult, when one day they're putting him on the potty every however minutes and the next maybe not. I've been working with this family for five years so we're pretty much family and a lot of times they tell me to do things that work for me or that just work well in general, but so far it's just not going anywhere. One day a few weeks ago now, he did pee on the potty when I was there and I texted his mom and made a big deal about to make him feel good and let him know how awesome it was that he peed on the potty and his mother rewarded him with a box of smarties for doing (which I didn't fully agree with, not a whole box, I like the one for pee, 2 for poop reward system better, but not my kid) I've even made him a potty chart to put stickers on but he hasn't gone on the potty since. Could it be he's just not ready yet???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"