May 2014 Moms
Options

Summer Sides

I need new side dishes. I usually do a lot of grilled chicken and shrimp over salads. We also do grilled eggplant, summer squash, and potatoes. Anybody have any healthy side dishes? Preferably stuff you can throw on the grill?

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Summer Sides

• Options
    lrmrtnlrmrtn member
    Grilled fresh pineapple is amazing and grilled corn on the cob. We also do grilled veggie kabobs with peppers, onions and mushrooms. You could also add shrimp or chicken.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH is obsessed with grilled asparagus. Blanch it for about 30 seconds, toss in ice water for a minute, dry it off and coat with olive oil and seasonings, then grill for no more than 5 min.

Another of our favorite sides is pasta tossed in nothing more than good olive oil, salt, and cracked pepper. Or you could top it with grilled shrimp or chicken, melted butter, lemon, and garlic for an easy main dish.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My fave side on the grill is asaragus ! With a bit of salt and pepper! Yum! Now I want that for dinner tonight :)
  • Options
    Ditto the asparagus. We use EVOO and Greek seasoning. Yum!
  • Options
    We recently tried corn on the cob with ranch butter. It was amazing. You grill the corn like normal and when it is done, melt butter and combine with the powder ranch packet (not the whole packet. We put in 1/2 a packet for 4 ears of corn). Sooo good
  • Options
    I like to grill zucchini ribbons, just use a vegetable peeler (don't use the seeds in the middle) and arugula. I don't put oil on them. Just mix them around on the grill for a few mins so they get soft and charred. Then I drizzle EVOO and lime juice on them and add feta and walnuts or what ever is laying around!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    google shaved summer squash salad. the recipes on epicurious/bon appetit are the ones. I've had so many raves on this salad!

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    Thanks everyone. I'll have to start rotating some of these in the meal plans.

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
    DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    You can't make this on the grill, but you can grill the burghers that go in it on the grill.

I love Cous Cous made with chicken broth, mrs dash, zucchini, roasted red peppers, mushrooms and etc.

We live it and it's fast. You can make it a main dish if you add your meat to it, too. Yummy!
  • Options
    Steamed Broccoli Salt pepper. Delicious totally a 3rd trimester craving!
  • Options
    Not a grilling recipe, but this corn and zucchini sauté is pretty tasty:

https://www.marthastewart.com/335644/corn-and-zucchini-saute-with-basil
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

Not a grilling recipe, but this corn and zucchini sauté is pretty tasty:

https://www.marthastewart.com/335644/corn-and-zucchini-saute-with-basil

Buy a grill basket any saute recipe can become a grill recipe
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"