March 2012 Moms
Options

Just made reservations for our 8th anniversary! :)

I'm excited that I just called and reserved our anniversary day trip. :)  I got a great deal from Groupon on a tour for 2 at Polymath Park.  They have a Frank Lloyd Wright designed house there and two other houses designed by one of his apprentices.  They actually rent the houses out to stay overnight, but that is just not in the budget.  It's only 2 hours away so very doable as a day trip.  We will tour the houses and eat lunch at the restaurant on site (well, salads...the restaurant is pretty pricey! haha).  I was an art major and just love stuff like this, and I can actually get hubs into the architecture.  Museums, not so much.  (Pretty sure he hated me for making him take me to the Warhol Museum.)  This will be the 4th FLW house we've toured.  We saw Falling Water shortly after we got married, the Darwin Martin house on our first anniversary on the way to Niagara Falls, and last year we went to Kentuck Knob.  I am so looking forward to an adults only day!
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Just made reservations for our 8th anniversary! :)

• Options
    WipzWipz member
    Congrats.. I am sure you will both have a great time :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So fun! My parents have toured a bunch of FLW houses. Enjoy your trip!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Fun! Have a great time!
  • Options
    Have a great time!!

We didn't get to do anything for our anniversary this year (ice storm messed everything up). But we did go away for our 5th. DH had worked on Long Island after Hurricane Sandy and was making union rates without having to be in the union (ie. twice his normal storm pay and three times his normal for 17hr shifts, double time on Sunday). That was the only way we could afford it. So I hear ya on the budget thing. Do what you can with what you have and have a great kid-free day. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    nah82nah82 member
    Do what you can with what you have and have a great kid-free day. :)
    I love that this BMB is so much more down to earth than my new one.  People post about good deals and freebies here.  They are ordering $300 dresses just to attend weddings this summer and talking about going to Italy and Greece on babymoons.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    namcgee said:
    I love that this BMB is so much more down to earth than my new one.  People post about good deals and freebies here.  They are ordering $300 dresses just to attend weddings this summer and talking about going to Italy and Greece on babymoons.

I don't even have $300 after our last car repair let alone $300 to spend on a dress. I get all my clothes at consignment/thrift stores or on the clearance rack at Walmart....JCP or Kohl's if I'm splurging. lol.

We're pretty down to earth in all ways. I love the deals and freebies that get posted here. I'm always on the hunt for a bargain. Heck, I have an entire blog devoted to frugal living. lol

TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    That sounds like a very fun day! I hope you have a great anniversary. I don't think it's the amount of money spent but rather the amount of time spent together! :x
  • Options
    nah82nah82 member
    namcgee said:
    LLOL. Congratulations to those crazies and their apparently Kardashian lifestyles?? - why would you spend $300 on a dress for someone else's wedding? Really? (Well, I might do it, if I was going to wear the same dress to like every wedding I ever attend from now on!)
    Yeah, I've never even spent over $150 for a bridesmaid dress for weddings I've been in, let alone just going as a guest.  My wedding dress was $500 and I would've loved to have bought something off the $99 rack if only I was skinnier.
  • Options
    namcgee said:
    namcgee said:
    LLOL. Congratulations to those crazies and their apparently Kardashian lifestyles?? - why would you spend $300 on a dress for someone else's wedding? Really? (Well, I might do it, if I was going to wear the same dress to like every wedding I ever attend from now on!)
    Yeah, I've never even spent over $150 for a bridesmaid dress for weddings I've been in, let alone just going as a guest.  My wedding dress was $500 and I would've loved to have bought something off the $99 rack if only I was skinnier.

My wedding dress was actually $79. I got it from promgirl.com so it was technically an ivory and navy prom dress. We did our whole wedding for $2,000.

• Options
    WipzWipz member
    I gotya all beat on the cheap weddings ...I got married at Pizza Hut once haha

.. the minister was the manager, EX husband was the Asst Manager and all we had to pay for was the beer.. which I ordered so I didn't tell him to forget it and we'd get hitched after his mother went home... hmm maybe I shoulda just called it quits  PERIOD..

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
  • Options
    nah82nah82 member
    BAHAHA  I worked at a grocery store and we always joked about getting married in aisle 5.  I think that was the chips & pop aisle? haha
  • Options
    namcgee said:

BAHAHA  I worked at a grocery store and we always joked about getting married in aisle 5.  I think that was the chips & pop aisle? haha

Best aisle in the store

;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"