November 2014 Moms
Options

Need opinions. Had AS and I question???

So base story. They thought OH was a girl because his penis was inverted. Well they say our baby is a girl, but I swear I see a scrotum. Opinions???

Re: Need opinions. Had AS and I question???

• Options

How would we know? This would be a good question for your OB... 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• Options
    What is OH? Did you mean DH or is OH some kind of abbreviation for your first son?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ha ha....I had to read the title like 5 times and I still didn't get it. 

Nov. '14 January Siggy : Work Sucks!

Me 32-DH 38

Married July 14, 2007  ----- TTC # 1 October 1, 2013
    BFP   March 7, 2014  -----  EDD November 17, 2014 ---- Baby boy born November 16, 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Try posting on in-gender.com.  They will give you their opinion as well and I think some of them are pretty good.

• Options
    I'm out of here. Going back to baby and bump you ladies need to pull the sticks out of your asses
  • Options
    I missed the pic. Could it have been the cord? Id trust the tech. They go through a lot of schooling to do what they do. It isn't just a quick run down and here ya go, take the ultrasound wand. I would be willing to bet that what you are seeing is not what you think it is, because frankly the tech is smarter than you in this case.
    TTC #2: 12/2012
    Back to our beloved RE 10/2013
    BFP #5 3/5/14
    Beta 1: 47. Beta 2: 87. Beta 3: 482!

Baby CCH v2.0 due 11.14.14

• Options
    Labia can be swollen to the point of appearing like scrotum - listen to your tech.
    First comes Love Nov 11,  2003, Then Marriage: Aug. 23, 2006. Baby??? TTC since May 2010. Started seeking additional medical intervention (again) Summer 2013, finally appointment is booked!
    Formerly buttercupaug 06 - and I was almost silver :(
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL/PAL ALL WELCOME!
    Aug 16, 2013 - SA done - All good strong numbers
    Apr 3, 2014 - Consult with OBGYN to get my testing started.
    Mar 6, 2014 - Surprise BFP!!!! EDD Nov 9th. Consult with OBGYN changed to prenatal meet and greet!
    May 2, 2014 - NT scan perfect! Can't wait to find out what team we're on. 

June 11, 2014 - it's official, we're TEAM PINK!!!
    Welcome Piper Laine!! November 10, 2014
    imageimageimage

• Options

I realize we already had a GBCB here, but just fyi in case you are lurking, the testicles do not descend out of the abdomen until month 7. Until that happens, there really isn't a scrotum to be seen.

Not sure what you saw on the a/s, but it seems unlikely that you have good reason to doubt what the tech told you.

You can still see the scrotum before the testies descend. The tech pointed DS's out to us during our elective scan.

OP, I don't know why I am bothering to answer you since 1) it is a stupid question, 2) you are kind of a bitch, and 3) you GBCBed already. However, ultrasound techs don't just look for absence of a penis when they are determining sex. They look for the three lines of the "hamburger", the labia and clitoris. 

I understand why you might doubt what you were told, but internet strangers aren't going to be able to give you a better answer. Ask your tech or your doctor. They can confirm the sex and explain why they feel confident enough to go with one sex over the other.

Interesting. Good to know, although I'm not sure when I'll need that knowledge!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I go back and read this thread just for a laugh!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    First off I want to apologize. I'm sorry for the blow up. I really am sorry.

Secondly, my oh had an inverted penis due to his foreskin(hence why is mother circumsized him). He is not very well endowed :/ but he apparently gets the job done.

Now. I had another scan to show something else with the baby since I have been having problems. It is in fact a boy.

Again I look at the posts and I really do apologize. I was being a bitch and I'm not chalking it up to hormones. I was just being bitchy. :-/
  • Options
    First off I want to apologize. I'm sorry for the blow up. I really am sorry. Secondly, my oh had an inverted penis due to his foreskin(hence why is mother circumsized him). He is not very well endowed :/ but he apparently gets the job done. Now. I had another scan to show something else with the baby since I have been having problems. It is in fact a boy. Again I look at the posts and I really do apologize. I was being a bitch and I'm not chalking it up to hormones. I was just being bitchy. :-/

Hmm.... This actually clarifies nothing. And after reading all the posts I now have a morbid curiosity.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/7dcab350dfd9b18035a15086d323b2a2/tumblr_n08zj78Yc91suvfwjo2_500.gif

Miney 9/15/10
    Mo 11/4/14 
    Wait, What?!? - EDD 11/1/19
    Mothers get 1 day off

• Options
    His penis was pushed inward because of the amount of foreskin he had. Also he doesn't have a very large penis. That's why they couldn't see it when he was a baby in his mom.

Hence why I questioned the tech in the first place. But everything is figured out. My lo has a clear penis and scrotum in the last us
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity, and in no way meant to come across as what I think may be going on with the OP (because I don't, I think it may just be a different situation than most techs may see), but.....

Am I the only one who thinks about children who may be born characteristics of both sexes during the "I have doubts about the sex identification" posts? I know it's uncommon, but I always kind of fear that it may happen.
  • Options
    Just out of curiosity, and in no way meant to come across as what I think may be going on with the OP (because I don't, I think it may just be a different situation than most techs may see), but..... Am I the only one who thinks about children who may be born characteristics of both sexes during the "I have doubts about the sex identification" posts? I know it's uncommon, but I always kind of fear that it may happen.

I remember learning at some point that 1/2500 births are considered "intersex," with features ambiguous enough to make sex identification a challenge.  I sometimes think about this on the bump, too.  There are definitely more than 2500 babies represented here, but I've never seen a post from someone dealing with it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If I've read this correctly, I believe you think you see scrotum on your baby's ultrasound and think tech may be mistaken. They made a mistake with your OH years ago? I think you should discuss with OB as mistakes can be made, but only experts can tell or at least they might repeat if they are unsure.
  • Options
    Oops. Should have read ALL the posts. Glad all the dust is settled.
  • Options
    Nonna711 said:

Oops. Should have read ALL the posts. Glad all the dust is settled.

=D> =D> =D>

Married:  08.17.2013
    Sweet Angel Baby: 02.01.2014
    Emerson Shay:  10:28:2014
    Two Fur Babies:  Talli Mae and Lexi

• Options
    Thanks all. And as for the intersex(AIS). It says that most cases happen when the fetus is female and it has a vaginal area with testicles. I'm not saying my baby doesn't have it(cause you never know). But on the US it clearly showed a penis and a scrotum.

https://www.isna.org/faq/conditions/ais

Here's the association for AIS(intersex) :)
  • Options
    There was a Private Practice episode about that!  I know that is a stellar place to get your medical info from and all, but ever since seeing that episode, I wonder what I would do in that scenario.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's not small now lol. It was when he was born.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"