May 2014 Moms

BF and migraines ?

I've been a migraine sufferer my whole life- even thru pregnancy so they aren't hormone induced.

Now that DD is here I've been getting them much more frequently. Since I can't run off to a dark quiet room i just try to grin and bear it.

I feel like it's from lack of sleep or dehydration from BF. Anyone else in the same boat?

Re: BF and migraines ?

• Yep! I'm a migraine sufferer too. I was lucky though being pg. I thought I would have had a rough go.

But anyway. It's most likely dehydration and probably lack of sleep. Lack of sleep was always a trigger for me. I found if I drank during the night and another big water bottle in the am I felt so much better and avoided that nasty afternoon headache.

Hope this helps!
  • ns1ns1 member
    Yep. Same here. Mine were triggered by lack of sleep before so I imagine that's still the case. I also found that if I get on my phone in the dark in the nursery it mess with my eyes and will give me a migraine too.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • How I would love a coke. But it makes dS wired. So I've given it up. Which was easier than trying to do it before. I guess dealing with a fussy baby was motivation enough.
  • XathXath member
    I've never had a migraine before, but I think that's what happened to me today. (Let me know if this sounds like a migraine; if not, I should probably call my doctor).  When I got up this morning, I realized that I couldn't see clearly.  I had non-blurry vision, but it was as though I was blind in part of both of my eyes.  When looking at text, letters or whole words would be invisible until I turned my head to the side.  When I looked at something dark, or closed my eyes, it was as though I could see red/blue flickering light in the blind spot; sort of what an LCD screen looks like when some of the pixels aren't working anymore.  

After some food and a liter of water, my vision slowly returned to normal, but it was accompanied by a huge headache.  After 3 more liters of water, some tylenol, and several hours, everything is finally back to normal, but I've never experienced anything like that before.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • ns1ns1 member
    @gertiebarden‌ sounds like my migraines. I always get the weird vision before mine. I definitely take something now at that point even before I get the headache.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"