May 2014 Moms
Options

Nipples burning after pumping?

So I thought this would get better by now but nope just like day 1! After pumping my left nipple burns so bad for about an hour like someone is ripping it off. The worst pain ever. Anyone else have this happen? Ideas? Remedies? I use aquaphor and lanolin after every pump session.. I'm almost over this EPing!

Re: Nipples burning after pumping?

• Options
    I get that occasionally after pumping. I think it is from the pump being up too high
  • Options
    Me too.

I got a script for the jack Newman cream today. I am so pumped to go get it I hear it's miracle stuff.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like thrush to me. Probably need to put an anti fungal (lotrimin) or other cream on nipples. Talk to your doc.
  • Options
    Sounds like vasospasms to me. Do they turn white and burn like a mofo? Mine did that for like an hour when DS was four months. Letdown hurt like a bitch, too. Toecurling pain.

Fixing his latch solved it for me. Since you EP, maybe check you have the right size phlange and watch the suction level?

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    Thrush usually is accompanied by white stuff in baby's mouth. Any sign of that?

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    @Junebug060609‌ yeah they are white and letdown hurts really bad! White stuff as in? His tongue is white but isn't that from milk?
  • Options
    Omg! So I just googled thrush and yep pretty sure that's what LO and I have! And this is going on three weeks. Guess I will be calling the dr in the morning..
  • Options
    THD7580 said:

Omg! So I just googled thrush and yep pretty sure that's what LO and I have! And this is going on three weeks. Guess I will be calling the dr in the morning..

Definitely call, and make sure you BOTH get treated. Pretty sure thrush is a yeast infection, so if you aren't both treated it can be passed back and forth.

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    I had thrush and LO got it in her diaper area. What helped with her was using the rx cream with every diaper change, letting her go without a diaper so it could get plenty of air, and I used warm wet washcloths instead of wipes until it cleared. Also, I use lanolin every time before pumping, which I think helps with the friction. Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Lild09Lild09 member
    Yikes I had thrush too it was horrible! Make sure your flange fits properly though too... I had to get a different size from the standard one and it made a world of a difference!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Yep thrush for us both just got back from the drs.. Sucks I feel so bad! I got it from the keflex I was taking from mastitis! Yay! Talk about feeling awful for him..
  • Options
    What did your doc give you to treat it with? A cream? Just curious because we may be battling it too. Feel better!!
  • Options
    Krisd6Krisd6 member
    What is jack Newman cream?
  • Options
    She just gave me Monistat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"