Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Wonder weeks?

So between the so called winder weeks and growth spurts do we ever get a break??
I just recently learned about the wonder weeks and LO is 5 weeks 2 days and last night was terrible. She seems very fussy today as well.
Anyone have experience with the wonder weeks?
Thought it was going to get easier but seems to be getting harder. Encouragement needed!!

Re: Wonder weeks?

• Options
    flclflcl member
    Hang in there... that particular time was really REALLY tough for us too.  Between the 5th week wonder week and the 6th week growth spurt, my LO was so upset all the time.  It seemed like it would never get better and then it did.  You're almost over the hump.  We're not without our challenges now, it seems like there's a new thing for me to figure out every week, but it does get easier.  (I think we might be entering the dreaded 4-month sleep regression...)

I found wearing my little guy during these wonder week/growth spurts to be helpful.  I'd get him in the carrier and take walks around the neighborhood or work on whatever I needed to around the house.  This article was also really helpful.  https://nurshable.com/2012/05/27/six-week-growth-spurt/  Someone had posted it back in April and I read it over and over while we were at this stage.  
  • Options
    roo1ooroo1oo member
    Oh yeah, that stretch between 4 and 8 weeks can be a bit tough. Once we were past the 6 week growth spurt, things really improved though. It gets easier and easier. Hang in there. PP suggestion of wearing LO is excellent. 
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OMG week 6 was awful!!! I thought the crying would NEVER STOP.... but it did!!! Hang in there!!  Not looking forward to the 4 month sleep regression though!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're in the midst of it (week 6) and last week was not fun. I will say though this week she had her first social smiles, her hands have found her mouth, and she's become more interested in her surroundings. Today we got a new playmat and her eyes lit up and she was so happy to play with her new "friends." It's really fun to see.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I got a wrap today so I will try wearing her more and hope that it helps. Can't wait to be able to say- "it does get better"
  • Options
    6th week was rough on us too! I was convinced it had to be more than just a growth spurt and ended up cutting out dairy too.  It got better but you'll still have tough spots...  I haven't heard of the 4 month sleep regression.  I'm about 4-5 weeks away and idk how he could regress... he only sleeps in 2 hour spans during the night anyways!
  • Options
    flclflcl member
    aditigirl said:
    There will pretty much always be something during the first year. Wonder weeks, growth spurts, teething, sleep regressions. Year 2 has been much kinder to us. Hang in there.
    oh thank goodness!
  • Options
    AprilMay9 said:

I had the app and deleted it. It's big on my bmb but I don't think it was too accurate or useful. If anything it served as a self fulfilling prophecy. If you know a "leap" is coming you are going to be all on edge over it and reading into every atypical thing your baby does.

I stopped referencing to it as well. It just felt like I was looking for something to worry about. I even stopped caring about when his next growth spurt will be. Some days will be good. Some days won't be. Take it as it comes :) hang in there. Infants are hard regardless of the explanation why.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"