Third-Party Reproduction

Intro (Potential Gestational Carrier with questions!)

Hello everyone!

My husband and I have talked about becoming a gestational carrier on and off for the last year, and this weekend we decided to start researching our options. We are both very excited about this experience! We live in central Texas, and we are looking into agencies because we think it will offer our family the most comprehensive legal and financial protection. We got a list of agencies from a friend's RE, and I have filled out preliminary applications with the Center for Surrogate Parenting, Fertility Source, and Surrogate Solutions of America. I figured it would be best to talk to several agencies and find out which one I'm most comfortable with.

Does anyone have any experiences with these agencies (as a GC or IP), or a recommendation for another agency they loved?
What are the most important things I should look for in an agency?

Thank you for any advice or recommendations. :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Intro (Potential Gestational Carrier with questions!)

• Hi and welcome! I don't have any advice, but wanted to say THANK YOU on behalf of all of the IPs out there for the incredible gift you will be offering!

PS: I'm in central texas too! :) Good luck!

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • I'm with Surrogate Solutions (never heard the "of America" added in).  I've been talking to Gayle and she's absolutely wonderful.  FYI, you don't have to work with an agency local to you, you can work with one anywhere in the country.  I'm actually flying to Dallas tomorrow to do my medical and psych testing tomorrow with the IP's Gayle introduced to me.  Have you done any research to know what you're looking for in a match?  If you don't go with SS, I would also recommend checking out Pink and Blue (Jesse is also wonderful), and Worldwide Surrogacy (I really liked Serena).  Most agencies are ok with you being signed up with more than one as long as you're open and honest so they know you looking for a match elsewhere.  As soon as you're matched, you have to notify everyone so they stop showing your profile, last thing you want is for IP's to fall in love with your profile and then be told you're not available. 

Check out surromomsonline.com
    and allaboutsurrogacy.com

I only have 2 posts so far, but I just started a blog that will be partly surrogacy related:
    https://1plustwins.blogspot.com/

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome to the group and thank you! We are IP, but we knew our GC so we didn't use an agency. Welcome to the group!
    TTC #1 since 12/2010 DH: MFI, cancer survivor Me: Resected septate uterus, lap treated mild endo, tubes open, ovulate on own, autoimmune disease 3 Failed IUI's (2/2012, 4/2012, 6/2012) 
    IVF #1 August 2012. BFP! Beta #1 56.7 Beta #2 150 One baby, one heartbeat on 9/20/12! no h/b @7w6d. dandc @8w0d
    FET #1 December 2012, BFN
    FET #2 February 2013, no embies survived thaw
    IVF #2, BFP #2, Loss #2 March 2013, Scar tissue discovered, RPL testing,
    IVF #3, BFP #3, Loss #3 (twins) September 2013
    Hostile ute, moving onto Gestational Carrier!

GC/FET #1 of 1 5AA blast and 1 compacted blast, February 2014, BFP #4 on 3/1/2014!
    6w u/s 1 bean with h/b of 145 bpm, 8w u/s 187 bpm
    EDD 11/7/14. Please, please, please stick little one!

Praying unceasingly for a miracle. ALL welcome!

• Hi MamaOwl - I don't have any insight but just wanted to say hello.  I'm about to start this journey and look into becoming a gestational carrier for a family member.  I'm just as confused as you probably are and I'm trying to research the legal and financial aspects. 

Good Luck to you!
  • i'm really late but I'm a GC in North Texas. I'm with Simple Surrogacy and I really like them. The owner and coordinators are all experienced surrogates which has proved really helpful.

It's a truly incredible journey and I wish you and your future IPs the absolute best!

-Glo

First Surro Journey:

BabyFetus Ticker

Proud Mommy to:

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"